Can't play .TS files (1 Viewer)

Teaboy

Portal Member
January 31, 2005
I've managed to get my HTPC playing .TS files in PowerDVD and Windows Media Player, but whenever I try to play them in MediaPortal I cannot.

When I've got my video codec set to the Cyberlink Video/SP and the audio on anything and I can get video but no sound. If I change the video codec to Mpeg2Dec I can view video but it shows in the wrong aspect ratio. All the other codecs do nothing.

When I open a .TS file in graph edit I get this:

Code:
ts out -> mpeg-2 stream -> ac3filter -> ffdshow audio filter -> default directsound
               \-> mpeg2dec filter -> video renderer

And it plays fine.

So basically, I'd like to know which codecs other people are using and have installed, maybe this'll help :)

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    Teaboy said:
    If I change the video codec to Mpeg2Dec I can view video but it shows in the wrong aspect ratio.

what do you mean with the wrong aspect ratio? i guess you are aware of the fact that you can change the aspct radio as well in configuration as also while playing the video by "contect menu" ?

or is the ratio always wrong, no matter what is configured?[/quote]

Teaboy

Portal Member
    January 31, 2005
    On 'Normal' it's basically stretched. i.e. a 16:9 video is shown in 4:3 on normal, and only looks as it should on stretch. But I still don't get any sound :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom