Cant Playback over Wifi (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If I still run into problems I will try to switch back to the MPC-HC filters. Im still perplexed because MPC-HC is using FFDShow filters just like MP.

Actually MePo if you configure video codec to use MPC, it will not use FFDSHOW methods, so it is definatly not the same as the MPC-HC GUI application where you can just disable a checkbox and merrits get used. Inside MePo config you would then have to configure FFDSHOW as video codec, as well as add it to the custom section so that you can configure the codec, as the offline FFDSHOW settings might not match to what you expect. All in all that can be a pain in the ..., which is starting to sound more and more like your problem.

Did you try to hook in a graph to see if things match?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I have recently relocated a MePo client to another room.

Wireless connection speed is reporting 150Mbps (802.11n) but I get bad stutter (on everything!) - signal strength is about 33%

The 300Mbps maximum is based upon channel bonding where you use two 150Mbps bonded together. Not all N devices support this (hence in my case - my ION-NG client with an Atheros AR onboard WNIC doesn't) :-(

I need to do some investigation to indentify why I get such poor playback, but based on me simply moving the client I would say its network related.

I'll try and sniff the network and check for retransissions and errors.

I might end up buying a new USB Wireless NIC (that supports channel boarding) or a EOP plug setup that should give me a maximum of 200Mbps.

J.
    J.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I might end up buying a new USB Wireless NIC (that supports channel boarding) or a EOP plug setup that should give me a maximum of 200Mbps.

That's the reason I only get NICs with detachable antennas, so if problems arise, I can usually fix them easy with something such as:

Newegg.com - Rosewill RNX-A2-EX 2.4 GHz Indoor Omni-Directional (2 dBi x3) Antenna Extender/ Design For Wireless N 2x3 or 3x3 Solution/ SMA Connector

Which even allowed me to cross an entire block of houses at a friend. Not at N speeds of course, but I was amazed at the range we achieved.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    If I still run into problems I will try to switch back to the MPC-HC filters. Im still perplexed because MPC-HC is using FFDShow filters just like MP.

Actually MePo if you configure video codec to use MPC, it will not use FFDSHOW methods, so it is definatly not the same as the MPC-HC GUI application where you can just disable a checkbox and merrits get used. Inside MePo config you would then have to configure FFDSHOW as video codec, as well as add it to the custom section so that you can configure the codec, as the offline FFDSHOW settings might not match to what you expect. All in all that can be a pain in the ..., which is starting to sound more and more like your problem.

Did you try to hook in a graph to see if things match?

I am using SAF5 currently and am leaving it to use the FFDShow DXVA filters until I try a wired network. I was just trying to say that if I still have issue once im using Gig-E I will try to change my filter settings im MP. I have a nice setup with FFShow and don't want to go back to MPC filters unless very necessary.

I have not checked my filter chain in graphedit/studio but will if necessary.

The cable installer came to my house today but the battery in his drill died :(. He will be returning monday to finish the job.

Hi there,

I have recently relocated a MePo client to another room.

Wireless connection speed is reporting 150Mbps (802.11n) but I get bad stutter (on everything!) - signal strength is about 33%

The 300Mbps maximum is based upon channel bonding where you use two 150Mbps bonded together. Not all N devices support this (hence in my case - my ION-NG client with an Atheros AR onboard WNIC doesn't) :-(

I need to do some investigation to indentify why I get such poor playback, but based on me simply moving the client I would say its network related.

I'll try and sniff the network and check for retransissions and errors.

J.
    J.

Have you tied playing files in MPC-HC or WMP? Im just curious to see if they stutter as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom