Can't populate EPG with Schedule Direct (1 Viewer)

Raymond2014

April 21, 2014
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've installed MP1.3, run the TV server configuration, set the SD plug-in, set account with SD, and can't get the guide to populate. I'm using a set top box with HD-PVR so no scanning correct? I've let MD run for a couple of hours and nothing shows up. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

with HD-PVR so no scanning correct?
    Correct.

I've let MD run for a couple of hours and nothing shows up. Any suggestions?
    Yeah, so first thing: you have to restart the TV service after enabling a plugin. Did you do that?

Second: if SD were working, you could expect it to create channels for you. Are there any channels listed in the "TV Channels" section of TV Server configuration?

mm

Raymond2014

April 21, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi and thanks,

I did restart the TV service, wait and nothing populates. There are no channels showing up in the Channels section of TV Server config.

I set TV Server configuration, close it, and then open MP and wait for it to populate. Is that the right way to do it?

I'm new to MP and sensing a long learning curve.

Thanks,
    R

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There are no channels showing up in the Channels section of TV Server config.
    In order to get EPG you'll need channels.

Please ensure your SchedulesDirect username and password are correctly entered, tick force update on the advanced tab (SD plugin), restart the TV service one more time, wait 60 seconds... then reopen the TV Server configuration channel list.

If there are no channels listed then please post your TV Server log files:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click open log directory in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up the files you find in that folder.
    4. Post/attach the zip file here.
    Note to restart the TV service:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the manual control section.
    3. Click stop service... then start service.
    I'm new to MP and sensing a long learning curve.
    The SD plugin is usually very very reliable. This is odd.

mm

Raymond2014

April 21, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    No it didn't work, log files attached. I checked my user name and password at SD direct too.

R

Attachments

• tv.zip
      7.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right, okay.

For a start you're running quite an old version of MediaPortal/TV Server. I'd advise you to upgrade to the latest version if possible.

Aside from that, the SD plugin seems to be configured to not add/create channels for you... which would explain everything you're seeing.

I don't know if the old version of the plugin that you must be using looks the same, as the latest version... but on the off chance that it does:
    http://mp-schedulesdirect.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/images/config-2.png

Ensure you've ticked "automatically add new digital cable/satellite channels".
    Select the correct video and audio inputs according to the info at the bottom of this post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support.94850/

For example, if you're using component with S/PDIF audio you'd select YRYBY #1 and SPDIF In #1.
    Select the correct country.
    Finally do the force import and TV service restart again. That should trigger the channels to be imported.

mm

Raymond2014

April 21, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks, it now works. I read that post on the set-up but missed the video/audio setting.

For a start you're running quite an old version of MediaPortal/TV Server. I'd advise you to upgrade to the latest version if possible.
    Well, I first install version 1.7. When setting the SD plug-in, a warning pops open stating only v1.2 and v1.3 supported. So, I couldn't get it to work and gave up. Uninstalled MP1.7, downloaded/installed MP2. Failure again. Then downloaded the 1.3 version.

Does the SD plug-in work with v1.7, or MP2? If it does I'll give it a try again.

Thanks
    R

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom