Can't record TV from Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Since a few days I can't record TV from mediaportal anymore. When recording through manual control in tv server configuration it's working fine but when pressing the record button or scheduling a recording in mediaportal I got an error in my log files and nothing happens:

Code:
[2013-06-12 23:35:39,175] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsTimeToRecord.1) De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
[2013-06-12 23:35:53,255] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsTimeToRecord.1) De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.

I can watch and timeshift tv just fine. I don't know what this error means and can't find anything about it on the forum or internet.

Hope anyone can help me out, and get this fixed.

Thanks in advanced.

Ps. I've added the complete mediaportal-error.log since the error is just a snippet

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've fixed the problem, not sure if it's specific for 1.4.

I found out the schedules tab in tv config was also not working.

Database repair didn't work.

But I've installed Mysql Workbench and executed the sql query: TRUNCATE TABLE schedule;

After this everything was fine again and mediaportal was able to record tv channels again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello killer8

I'm glad you were able to resolve the problem... but that doesn't really tell us the underlying cause.
    Could you please provide full logs with the watchdog tool so we can examine the install log etc. and check that everything was updated correctly.

mm

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ofcourse, here you go.

I'm not sure what logs you really need, so if anything is missing just tell me and I will upload them.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem is on the TV Server side.

[2013-06-12 23:14:26,097] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - scheduler: SchedulerWorker inner exception System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
    bij TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecordWeeklyEveryTimeOnThisChannel(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime)
    bij TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecord(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime, RecordingDetail& newRecording)
    bij TvService.Scheduler.StartAnyDueRecordings()
    bij TvService.Scheduler.DoScheduleWork()
    bij TvService.Scheduler.SchedulerWorker()
    [2013-06-12 23:14:26,097] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - TvControllerException: System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
    bij TvDatabase.Schedule.GetProgramsForSchedule(Schedule schedule)
    bij TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStates(Int32 idSchedule)
    bij TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStatesForAll()
    bij TvService.TVController.InitController()
    bij TvDatabase.Schedule.GetProgramsForSchedule(Schedule schedule)
    bij TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStates(Int32 idSchedule)
    bij TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStatesForAll()
    bij TvService.TVController.InitController()

I suspect you had a "record-weekly-every-time-on-this-channel" schedule for a channel that got deleted somehow. Can you confirm?

@gibman are schedules deleted appropriately when channels are deleted?

mm

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Guess that could be the case.

I have several record wekkly every time on this channel records. One channel got corrupt a while back(because of caches of mdapi). One of the things I tried to fix was removing the channel, not sure if recording did work after that.

GaryF

Portal Member
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same problem and my logs looks almost the same, except in english. The record button when I click a program had no text (see attached image). To fix it I did the following:

1. Truncated the scheduled table as you suggested. This did not fix the problem except bring back the text on the Record button. I don't know if this step was neccessary.
    2. Ran Database repair.
    3. Restarted computer.

It seems to work now but I haven't tested it completely.

Edit: I run MP 1.4

Attachments

• record_tv.png
      record_tv.png
      791.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom