Can't schedule or start recordings - but a few still start. (1 Viewer)

vincewarde

Portal Member
March 28, 2012
15
0
69
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
System:
Windows 7 64bit
AMD A8 3870
8gb RAM

MediaPortal 1.3 Final
Schedules Direct Plugin
IP Tuning Via TV Blaster and dtvtune.exe
hauppauge colossus (Directv via HDMI)
HD Home Run Dual (OTA Antenna)
WinTV-HVR-950Q (OTA Antenna)

History: I had some problems with two of my hard drives, one of which was the data drive for MediaPortal. It became so confused that I simply did a backup and uninstalled everything (or so I thought). I reinstalled everything, did a restore and ran into some scheduling issues that I fixed by deleting some duplicate entries from the database. I also had some password issues with Schedules direct that have been fixed. I can watch live TV (with buffer), change channels and serve live Tv and previously recorded shows to both local and remote clients.

Primary problem: I cannot schedule any new recordings or record what I am watching. A few shows previously scheduled do record - but it is almost like MediaPortal now has two schedule databases. One shows all the new recordings I have scheduled, and is the same one that contains the guide table. None of these shows actually record. The "other" databse shows up if you look at what scheduled from one of the clients (about 8 shows - different from what shows if you look at the schedule table in Workbench. If you go into TV Server Configuration and click on schedules, it simply does not come up.

What I have tried: I tried running a database repair from the command line (no problems found). I have confirmed that the problem is server side because all clients, local and remote, have the same problem. I have looked at the table MediaPortal should be using, but isn't, and it looks clean. No matter how I attempt to schedule a recording, it ends up in this database and nothing happens. I have no ideal where MediaPortal is pulling the scheduled recordings from. I have looked at the logs and can't figure them out. (I'll attach them all in a zip fle.) Of course, I have looked for a solution in the forums and the Wiki - and so far, on this issue, I am stumped.

Thanks for reading this far - any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
 

vincewarde

Portal Member
March 28, 2012
15
0
69
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
1) Manually edited Gentle.config. Commented out out entry for SQLserver. Left the MySQL entry.

2) Opened MediaPortal Client, deleted everything showing in "scheduled"

3) Opened the database in Workbench, went to "edit tables" and deleted all scheduled recordings found there.

Problem solved!

I haven't looked to see where TV Server is storing its' recording schedule, and I still have no idea where it pulled the 2nd schedule from - since SQLserver isn't installed - but so far, everything is working.

I hope this helps someone else.
 

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    21,577
    8,224
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1) Manually edited Gentle.config. Commented out out entry for SQLserver. Left the MySQL entry.
    Keep in mind the gentle.config file is pushed to the clients from the server. If you want to make changes to that file, they should be made on the server (in order to keep the clients "in sync"). I suspect your old TV Server database was not blown away when you did whatever you did, and the clients did not receive a new gentle.config for some reason... and hence were looking at the wrong database.



    I hope this helps someone else.
    Thanks for reporting. :)
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom