Can't use dual screen setup with MCE remote

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Sander-SP, August 20, 2009.

1. Sander-SP

Sander-SP Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    Video Card: sapphire 4870
    Remote: MCE remote

I use a dual screen setup for Mediaportal. i've always done this and it has always worked for me. Mediaportal opens on the telivision and I can work on my computer monitor.

Now I've got a Microsoft MCE remote because it is just a bit easier than the remote i previously had.

The problem is this now; When I open Mediaportal, everything is fine. Remote is working perfect. But when I start working on my computer monitor, MP loses focus and can't be controlled with the remote anymore. I would have to press the green button again to regain focus.

The problem is that someone else should be able to use MP when I'm working on my computer and like this, that isn't possible.

Does someone have a solution for this problem? I've tried using mptraymod, but that doesn't help. It only allows me to open MP with the green button.

One more remark. I do have mediaportal in my taskbar now. I think that happened after I used mptraymod. I've tried deleting it, but it's still there.

Thanks in advance!

edit: This is the exact same problem: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...creen-loses-focus-when-working-primary-29468/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. FreeFrag

FreeFrag Portal Pro

System Developer
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

I noticed the same thing yesterday when I connected my HTPC to the bedroom televison over HDMI (secondary screen). MP is set to start on the TV if connected and when I don't have MP focused, no remote commands gets processed.

I only use the bedroom tv when not viewing on the projector, but out of curiosity I will have another look.

Regards
    Tobias

4. Sander-SP

Sander-SP Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No one else has problems with this? It seems to me that everyone using a PC and MP in one have this problem with a MCE remote?

5. naserbaser

naserbaser New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    This can be done with eventghost using mediaportal plugin :)
    However, mediaportal is really slow when out of focus, limited to 10fps from what I've seen.. I guess it's some energy saving feature that's great if the computer is only used with mediaportal.

(if anyone knows how to disable this, please tell me)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!