Can't use dual screen setup with MCE remote (1 Viewer)

Sander-SP

Portal Member
January 29, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
Video Card: sapphire 4870
Remote: MCE remote

I use a dual screen setup for Mediaportal. i've always done this and it has always worked for me. Mediaportal opens on the telivision and I can work on my computer monitor.

Now I've got a Microsoft MCE remote because it is just a bit easier than the remote i previously had.

The problem is this now; When I open Mediaportal, everything is fine. Remote is working perfect. But when I start working on my computer monitor, MP loses focus and can't be controlled with the remote anymore. I would have to press the green button again to regain focus.

The problem is that someone else should be able to use MP when I'm working on my computer and like this, that isn't possible.

Does someone have a solution for this problem? I've tried using mptraymod, but that doesn't help. It only allows me to open MP with the green button.

One more remark. I do have mediaportal in my taskbar now. I think that happened after I used mptraymod. I've tried deleting it, but it's still there.

Thanks in advance!

edit: This is the exact same problem: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...creen-loses-focus-when-working-primary-29468/

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

I noticed the same thing yesterday when I connected my HTPC to the bedroom televison over HDMI (secondary screen). MP is set to start on the TV if connected and when I don't have MP focused, no remote commands gets processed.

I only use the bedroom tv when not viewing on the projector, but out of curiosity I will have another look.

Regards
Tobias

Sander-SP

Portal Member
January 29, 2008
No one else has problems with this? It seems to me that everyone using a PC and MP in one have this problem with a MCE remote?

naserbaser

August 28, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This can be done with eventghost using mediaportal plugin :)
However, mediaportal is really slow when out of focus, limited to 10fps from what I've seen.. I guess it's some energy saving feature that's great if the computer is only used with mediaportal.

(if anyone knows how to disable this, please tell me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom