Can't view Recordings (1 Viewer)

werewolf

May 29, 2021
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25.
Up until now I had no issues with my setup.

Yesterday evening I had a couple of power cuts at home. Since then I've been having issues.

When I go TV>Recordings MP just sits there and hangs on a colourful background, with nothing else on screen.
The list of recordings never comes up.
The only way to get past this is to bring up task manager and End Task on MP (which is showing as Not responding)

I have tried this on 2 different clients, and they're both experiencing the same issue.

When I go TV>Scheduled recordings it comes up, but there's no information being populated.

I have also tried logging into the server, loading TV Server Configuration>Recording>Database import, and when I click this tab the software freezes and says (Not responding) in the title bar

I would hazard a guess that the database of recordings and programmes to record has become corrupted when the power when off?
As I've had no issues whatsoever until that point.

How do I troubleshoot this, and is there a way to reset the database so it rebuilds? And would this fix the issue?

Oh, one last thing. If I go to the appropriate Share on a client, navigate to Recorded TV folder, the files are all showing and I can play any of the files no problem in VLC.

This is the first time I've posted here, any assistance on getting this great product working again would be appreciated.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup.
    Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom