Can't Watch DVB-T2 Channels (1 Viewer)

NirS

Portal Member
July 22, 2018
Home Country
Israel Israel
The following screenshots show my settings for codecs and LAV in MP, these work well for German DVBT2 TV. Given you use an Nvidia GPU you should change from DXVA2 (copy-back) to DXVA2 (native), but other than that it should work.
3rd Screenshot shows LAV with TV playing.:)

View attachment 198081 View attachment 198082 View attachment 198083
I have everything set the same but as you said DXVA2 is on the (native) option.
Although I should say that it says <none> under both "active..." statements and it doesn't change when I start watching stuff using mp

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess you missed my edited in PS. Are you using EVR, see screenshot. If not please give it a try.
    dvbt2-4.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK and sorry but that just about takes me to the end of any further troubleshooting ideas.
    Looking at your log there are a bunch of errors like the following but I don't know what they mean, someone else maybe?????

[2018-07-21 18:18:36,165] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - TSReaderPlayer:Failed to load file
    [2018-07-21 19:41:56,711] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - Exception in setuptv
    [2018-07-21 19:41:56,712] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs
    [2018-07-21 19:41:56,714] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException:

BTW:- The Hebrew text translates (according to Google;)) as "Object reference not set to object instance" hope that helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

NirS

Portal Member
    July 22, 2018
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    well if it will help anyone to solve the problem... I've already been talking to the company who made the tuner. I can ask them for any type of information you need about it.
    I will also try to check the ts files now.

NirS

Portal Member
    July 22, 2018
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Then it's definitely something with the TV server, maybe how the TV stream is handled. I wish I could help you more, but sadly there's no dvb-t2 broadcast here. We barely get HD channels in Italy.

When you tune a dvb-t2 channel you should find some files under the corresponding tswriter directory. Do they grow in size over time, even if the channel is shown as black?

If they do, can you try opening one of those ts files with vlc, to see what happens?

This is just out of curiosity.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    so I have something interesting about the TS files.

first I went to a dvb-t channel and checked whats happening to the ts file. its was growing at about 1mb every few seconds I belive.
    I than moved to a dvb-t2 channel and the ts files stopped growing in size. there was no video and no audio but it wasn't a black screen, there was an image - not sure if its from the dvb-t channel or the dvb-t2 one.
    I moved back to a dvb-t channel and BAAAMMM suddenly the ts file grew by 20mb in one second!
    I will try to play the ts file in vlc and see if it plays what mp didnt.

Edit: the image was of the DVB-T channel.

@Alberto83
    I played the ts file in vlc and VLC DOES SHOW the part of when i switched to the DVB-T2 channel!

Last edited:

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    as @Jasmeet_181 said there are issues with TVServer and MultiPLP. Now, my understanding about it is not all broadcasts uses MultiPLP and yours seems not to otherwise you wouldn't be able to see anything from VLC from the DVB-T2 broadcast, because it would require a subsequent tuning for a secondary frequency.

However, I have to drop the ball on this. My knowledge is too limited and my experience is even less, since I have no DVB-T2 broadcasts to access to. I hope someone else can help you better. Sorry :(

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A few comments:

dvb-t2 does not imply any specific video and audio codecs - it could be MPEG-2, H.264 (AVC) or H.265 (HEVC) video - it just depends on the broadcaster.

Looking at the TsReader logs, your streams normally have H.264 video and AAC audio.

But on some streams, it looks like the audio stream isn't there (TsReader tries to parse the audio stream, but gives up after waiting 5 seconds for the stream headers to appear).MP cannot play TV streams without audio, so that will cause playback to fail (black screen etc.)

The TsWriter log (from TV Server) looks OK to me.

NirS - If you still need help, can you make a short recording of one of the problem TV channels (30 seconds would be fine) and upload it somewhere (or attach it here if it's small enough) so I can have a play with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom