Can't watch recorded TV when using non-default recorded tv folder (1 Viewer)

hobb

Portal Member
August 31, 2006
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

I am unable to watch recorded tv programs if I set the "recording folder" in the "recording settings" in the TV server configuration to something else than the default:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings

(I also need to store recorded tv as .ts rather than .mpg to make it work; minor problem for me)

Not beeing able to change the path however is very limiting for me as my c: disk is quite small, in RC2 i could store the recordings on my m: disk which is sized for that purpose. Am I the only one who experience this or is this a limitation of the 1.0 version? (in RC2 I had to set the network path in the TV server in order for my client to reach the recordings i.e. "//server/sharedfolder") Since the default path is unreachable from my client I suppose that the recorded tv playback has been changed into a streaming version(?)

TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueThree
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: Athlon 64 3500+ AM2
HDD: Samsung 2.5" 80GB
Memory: 1 GB DDR2
Motherboard: Asus M2NPV-VM
Video Card: Integrated nVidia 6150
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Integrated
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Floppy DTV-T
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Hiper media center
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MS
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

hobb

Portal Member
August 31, 2006
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well the actual storing of the files are working so it has some kind of access. If I add a "my videos" folder that points out the location on my network share where the TV-server "recorded TV" is set to i can watch the recorded shows from there, and they show up in the "recorded tv" client menu, I just can't play the recorded tv from the "recorded tv" client view.

hobb

Portal Member
August 31, 2006
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I changed the "recorded tv" folder to the (tv server-) local path ("M:RecordedTV/") but I get the same behaviour (i.e. nothing happens when I try to view a recorded session from the "recorded tv" view)

I have attached the MP client debug log as well as the TV server log for the session (the session consists of me starting MP navigating to "recorded TV" clicking on an item recorded in a previous session and then quitting after nothing has happened and I am able to navigate the GUI again).

In RC2 I had to use the network path //server/RecordedTV for MP clients to be able to access thre recorded TV but as the recorded tv now is streamed by the TV Server I think it ougth to be possible to choose at least a folder on any local harddrive other than the default application data folder!? There isn't much use of a configurable "recorded tv" folder if only the default works, is there?

Can someone confirm if this is a bug or if it is caused by some local settings in my setup?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think it ougth to be possible to choose at least a folder on any local harddrive other than the default application data folder!? There isn't much use of a configurable "recorded tv" folder if only the default works, is there?

Sounds definately that you have some file access permission set up wrongly (i.e. running on a limited account and then trying to access a filter that you dont have a permission).

TVE3 itself dont have any restrictions where the files are, just Windows permissions are used.

28-12-2008 19:14:02 FileReader::OpenFile(M:\RecordedTV\Bronett & Wells julcirkus - SVT24 - 2008-12-28.ts) failed:5
    28-12-2008 19:14:02 FileReader::GetFileSize() failed()

ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED = 5

hobb

Portal Member
    August 31, 2006
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    local system only had "special permissions" to the folder I wanted to use. Works fine now that I added full access for the system account. Strange that the service was able to save files without write access.. (but I have no idea what "special permissions" actually mean)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom