Cascaded(?) sort in music views (1 Viewer)

europbaron

Portal Member
October 14, 2008
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
TV-Server Version: ?
MediaPortal Version: 1 RC3, but same problem on all previous versions
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 2/3
Windows Version: XP Pro
CPU Type: Athlon Xp 2500
HDD: 300Gb seagate
Memory: 1.25Gb
Motherboard: Asus ?
Video Card: Nvidia FX 5200
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card: creative
Sound Card AC3: creative SPDIF passthrough
Sound Card Driver: XP own
1. TV Card: n/a
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: standard
MPEG2 Audio Codec: standard
h.264 Video Codec: n/a
Satelite/CableTV Provider: n/a
HTPC Case: n/a
Cooling: n/a
Power Supply: xilence
Remote: iMon soundgraph
TV: Hitachi 32" LCD 1366x768 running 720p
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

Hi,

Firstly thanks to all involved in MP for such a great piece of software. I've now got the hang of configuring it to the point where I'm 95% happy with what it does.

My problem that I'd really like to fix, if possible, is in the music browser. I would like to use the Album view to view all my albums without having to group them, with them sorted firstly by artist and then by title. I cannot work out how to do this. I've got rid of the grouping and I can get them to sort by artist OR by title, but not both as described. Is this possible at all and if so how?

I've attached a screenshot to illustrate this and a copy of my views setting (I've since deleted the 2nd line which I had hoped would do what I wanted, but instead just added another level with just the selected album). In the screenshot, all the albums from Crackle to Gotham Disc 1 are by Bauhaus and are not sorted. It's particularly annoying with multiple disc releases, as I've highlighted.
screenshot.jpg

shot2.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything relevant using the search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom