Case Downsizing (1 Viewer)

groovybaby

Portal Pro
December 3, 2017
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I've been using MP2 now for about 3 years:
I really happy with the way it works, although I can think of many great features I'd like to see added.
I'm currently using a self-built PC in a large tower case, with 2 x 4 channel TV cards.
+ 3 x HDD's + 1 x DVD Drive

My TV is on a table: With a shelf below it, where I used to have my now defunct proprietary TV recorder.
And I'd like to put my HTPC on that shelf, but being a tower, is way to big.

So can anyone suggest, either a suitable horizontal type PC, or PC case, that would be suitable.
To prolong the life of all the PC components, and the TV Cards, it needs to be well ventilated, so I don't want to cram everything into a tiny space.

So please let me know if you have a good experience with suitable cases or PC's

Many thanks

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So can anyone suggest, either a suitable horizontal type PC, or PC case, that would be suitable.
    Most (all?) small PC cases accept only ITX motherboards, which have only one PCI-E slot. So you could install only one PCI-E tuner card. A quad-tuner card would give you four tuners, but if you wanted more tuners you would need to use the TBS eight-tuner card, or use external tuners, either USB tuners (available with single or dual tuners), or a network tuner (available with dual or quad tuners). This latter is made by SiliconDust, and is available in the UK for DVB-T/T2.

If you want to see what cases are available, I would suggest that you browse the QuietPC web site, which lists (and sells!) various cases for HTPC use. These cases tend to be more up-market, so not the cheapest.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom