Category images in MovingPictures upscaled and blurry

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by StarWup, February 7, 2015.

1. StarWup

StarWup Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi all,

I defined some movie categories in MovingPictures with Titan 1.4. and pooled movies to collections via the Node/Filter function in MovingPictures. For each node i defined a backdrop which I got from the well-known category image thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/category-image-exchange.74382/).

The backdrops are 455 x 455 px in size. But they are upscaled (full screen?) and blurry (see screenshot below). Is there anything I can do to maintain the image size and aspect ratio?

screen.png

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,656 / 2
    Simply look at the skin files where they still use category images, such as DefaultWide, and then compare/copy the relative skin codes.

4. erichzann
    • Premium Supporter

erichzann MP Donator

Platform Manager
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why do you want to use them as backdrops and not thumbs which they are designed for.

5. StarWup

StarWup Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    In deed I want to use them as thumbs and NOT as backdrops. But I couldn't find any wiki or other tutorial how to do this. So I went to the MovingPictures-Config, defined my categories/rules and selected the corresponding images to show. I would be grateful for the explanation how to use them as thumbs with the Titan skin.

6. erichzann
    • Premium Supporter

erichzann MP Donator

Platform Manager
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For the StreamedMP skin it is this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Categories

Should be similar for other skins. I don't use Moving Pictures any more so I can't check the folder for you.

Just name the image exactly to match the custom category you created and drop them in that folder.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!