Category images in MovingPictures upscaled and blurry (1 Viewer)

StarWup

Portal Pro
April 7, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

I defined some movie categories in MovingPictures with Titan 1.4. and pooled movies to collections via the Node/Filter function in MovingPictures. For each node i defined a backdrop which I got from the well-known category image thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/category-image-exchange.74382/).

The backdrops are 455 x 455 px in size. But they are upscaled (full screen?) and blurry (see screenshot below). Is there anything I can do to maintain the image size and aspect ratio?

screen.png

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Simply look at the skin files where they still use category images, such as DefaultWide, and then compare/copy the relative skin codes.

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In deed I want to use them as thumbs and NOT as backdrops. But I couldn't find any wiki or other tutorial how to do this. So I went to the MovingPictures-Config, defined my categories/rules and selected the corresponding images to show. I would be grateful for the explanation how to use them as thumbs with the Titan skin.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For the StreamedMP skin it is this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\Categories

Should be similar for other skins. I don't use Moving Pictures any more so I can't check the folder for you.

Just name the image exactly to match the custom category you created and drop them in that folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom