Causes for stuttering TV (1 Viewer)

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Another possible reason is overheating, my Twinhan TER-CI PCI card causes stuttering live tv when I gets over approx 45C.

Twinhan card are known to have problems with heat (from what I've read on other forums).

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Would somebody make a sticky on this subject;

Causes and solutions to stuttering/choppy TV
    Tried all above worth trying... also tried "disabeling index service" and reduce system resources used by other apps. and services, and set up AAM on HDD.
    -> still not flawless

What is the (Setup->Televison-->) TV-card priorty good for?

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2006
    NE Lincs, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The TV card priority is used if you have more than 1 tv tuner in your PC. Ignore it if you only have one. What Codec are you using for TV? I had serious issues with the Cyberlink codec and eventually went back to the MPV codec bundled with MP. It doesn't support hardware acceleration but it works ... I also found that channel zapping when timeshifting is damn quick for me with MPV.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Area: Media Portal Program
    MP Version: 0.2.0.4
    Skin: MCE
    Windows Version: XP + SP2
    CPU Type: P4E 3GHz HT
    Memory: ddr 512MB (2*256 dual)
    Video Card: GE6600
    Video Card Driver: 84.21
    Video Codec Type & Version: Intervideo
    Audio Codec Type & Version: Intervideo
    TV Card: winfast tv2000xp expert
    TV Card Type: software
    MPEG2 Encoder for TV Card: Intervideo

I have live Tv stuttering problem too. I have Leadtek winfast tv2000xp expert sw tv card and is stutter without timeshift too.

The cpu usage about 60% during live TV and it never goes upper than 80% so I think my CPU is enough for MP.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Somebody said changing audio-renderer (typo) did the trick.

Thought it sounded strange - but did of course try.....

IT WORKED! No more stuttering after "default" a-r (not gonna try to write it again)!

Huge

Portal Member
    August 8, 2006
    ... I think the wireless lan signals were interfering with the TV reception...
    You rock ! So simple. I had determined that when I right-click disable my wireless connection, tv worked fine. So i was assuming it was a PCI/IRQ confilct or pci bandwidth. But I switched antenae with my other box, that has a short lead instead of direct "stick", and hey presto ! Great HiDef TV.

sko

March 29, 2005
    I've also experienced that increasing the PCI Latency Timer in the bios from 32 to 64 can solve a number of problems that can occur with Hauppauge cards, like stuttering, signal/frame drop, noise, or no signal at all..

It worked with my Hauppauge PVR500 card, but could also be the case for other cards?

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but if I have the grab EPG from DVB option enabled with any of my Dvico cards the TV pauses regularly. Disabled this and it all works fine ? Also, my original stutter problem when I first started using MP was that I only had 256MB of memory, 512MB and all stutter went away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom