CCTV composite out into TV-server possible? (1 Viewer)

bighick

Portal Pro
July 6, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I have a CCTV dvr in my server rack (right above my server that has tv-server on it). It has an composite (yellow on RCA) out and I would like to set up some kind of tuner to set that as a channel so I can just switch to it without leaving MediaPortal for a webpage or switch sources on my receiver. Is this doable? I know I could buy a modulator and ntsc tuner but that is more than I would like to do...not opposed to a cheap tuner just don't want to have to buy both. THANKS!!
CCTV DVR composite ---> TV-server ----> media portal clients.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi bighick

Yep, that is certainly possible. Buy an analog tuner with a composite video input and you're away laughing. Note that with the exception of the Hauppauge Colossus and HD-PVR, "pure" capture cards (cards without a tuner) are not supported. Also I'd *strongly* recommend you get a card that has hardware encoding chips onboard. They're sometimes more expensive but you'll save yourself a lot of hassle trying to find software encoders that will (1) work, (2) be reliable, and (3) give reasonable picture quality. A Hauppauge HVR 1600 would be a good choice. You might find something cheaper...

mm

yeahman45

Portal Member
    December 31, 2013
    Home Country
    US Minor Outlying Islands US Minor Outlying Islands
    any cheaper alternative card? i have an old tv analog card with composite in.. it works with only video... the audio is connected to the line in jack of my pc and i have chosen line input in the tv server configuration but sitll no audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom