[solved] cd not working after 1.16 upgrade (1 Viewer)

Kerry gilbert

Portal Member
October 26, 2015
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi team, ive just upgraded to 1.16 final and I have noticed Media portal will no longer read or play audio cd's , they play fine in windows media player, and I also tried a different dvd drive. still no joy in Media portal, but still fine in Media Player any ideas?
DVD's work fine in Media portal, just not Audio cds, tried different cds, all original music cd's not copys
, log file attached, cheers Kerry

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Make sure the setting highlighted in the attached screenshot in MP Config. is unchecked that fixed it for me. Don't know why that setting screws up Autoplay, maybe one of the devs can comment, but it definitely does. If it is already unchecked then sorry in advance.;)
    setting.jpg

Kerry gilbert

Portal Member
    October 26, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yep, checked it, was already unchecked. thanks for the suggestion :) .MP will see "audio cd" in its directory, when I select it all I get is the spinning thinking icon, no table of contents for the cd, no music, I can go back to main menu, but the spinning icon remains, I have to restart MP to get rid of it. still can't access audio cd's in MP, where as windows in the back ground can.

Kerry gilbert

Portal Member
    October 26, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    after leaving a cd in the drive , I discovered it to over a minute for MP to retrieve the cd information from the database , after waiting it out the cd with all of its information appeared and I was able to listen to the cd etc :) I guess i needed to be more paitent

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    after leaving a cd in the drive , I discovered it to over a minute for MP to retrieve the cd information from the database , after waiting it out the cd with all of its information appeared and I was able to listen to the cd etc :) I guess i needed to be more paitent
    Good news, did it autoplay though, after the wait?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom