CDSlayer - Easy CD Ripping (1 Viewer)

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @manfred: nice new features. Thank You. Just have a few problems installing it:

1. First time I had installed the original cdslayer first. that didn´t work. I always got an call to an undefinded object...

2. I uninstalled both versions and I also removed any entry to cdslayer in mediaportal.xml and installer/config.xml. Then I installed only v 0.6c. Now MP crashes, as i hit the "rip" button...

what i noticed is, that there is no section called cdslayer in the mediaportal.xml any more....

p.s.: I used the mpi-file for installing. I had to start it from the filesystem, because I wasnt able to start it from within MP. That worked. Is that way to do it correct? Automatically uninstalling was not possible.

1&2. Old version should work as well as this new one. Are you using XP or Vista (UAC?), and everything else is OK except this plugin? What version of MP? This v0.6c is compiled against 0.2.3+SVN. MediaPortal.log might be useful. Select info level from setup.

Yes that installer is working only outside of MP. Dunno why uninstalling doesn't work.

/m

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I too have MP crash when I use the new CD slayer.

I had to switch to monochrome as well, so not sure if I got that all right as well.

I am attaching the logs that were generated.

From what I saw, though, looks awesome

Running windows XP sp2, and 0.2.3.0 stable

thanks for any help..

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Update!

CD Slayer should be now called media ripper as DVD ripping is also supported. DVD part is based more or less on DVD ripper. It never worked for me but gave a good starting point.

DVD is stored in .iso format named as disk label. This should work pretty well but consider this as beta. Also give ideas how to enhance this.

Installation:
    - MP 0.2.3.0 + SVN + Monochrome skin!!!
    - DVD Decrypter installed
    - install this plugin and configure it
    - consider to select always on top from general settings or otherwise DVD Decrypter will pop up

Now some feedback needed from you. Do you prefer all settings to be handled in MP configuration side or MP GUI (e.g. ripping format and target directory, who really changes these when first set)? If all settings goes to config side then this can be one button tool.

Maybe this should have own thread pretty soon as downloading can be tricky if there is plenty of messages. :D

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Could DVDFab HD Decrypter not be used instead as DVDDecrypter is rather outdated for current/modern ripping needs ;) ;)

This plugin already supports it as both applications are using the same command line switches. But there is one not so minor thing: after finished ripping it will display a message box and that prevents closing. Maybe if there is enough requests the author will remove this and then it can be used. Or is there a way to overcome this?

Another thing is that for some reason .iso extension is not hidden even if added to list. And also movie art is not displayed when .iso file is selected. Any help on these? It must be configuration thing.

There is still plenty of room for enhancements but will wait until some more feedback received.

/m

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the work on this. it is great. I would suggest the following for configuration. As much configuration as possible OUTSIDE the gui. My wife and kids just start "hitting buttons" if they get confused, so the less options they have to mess with, the better.

It would be really cool to be able to have 2 options to rip dvd's. One being full disc (for tv show\eposodic type dvd's in which you really want a menu so you can select the "episode" you want to watch), and one for "Movie Only". I think DVD Decrypter works with that option. Basically, just 2 buttons to choose from "full disc" and "movie only" (or something like that) for the 2 button names. the buttons would pass the correct parameters to DVD Decrypter (or others) for the rip.

Also, it would be great to have the virtual keyboard pop up if it detects the disc id as "DVD_VIDEO". A lot of discs have that as the disc id, so the .iso file gets named "dvd_video.iso".

Most people don't change the settings once they are set.

I have not looked at this plugin yet, but intend to VERY soon (later today or tomorrow).

thanks for the work on this. It is greatly needed by many. I will provide you all the feedback you can handle once I get it installed.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks mlburgoon for feedback. In this version there are some of those already implemented.

Changes:
    - rename dvd via virtual keyboard
    - all settings are now in plugin configuration side (advanced gui still possible)
    - dvd ripping can be selected between main movie (folder mode) and full disk (iso) mode
    - adaptive skin: CD/DVD

Todo:
    - localizing
    - movie info and movie cover art grabbing
    - some settings also to GUI as all are removed if non-advanced selected

Main movie mode will save files to disk without VIDEO_TS folder. Is this ok?

/m

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom