CECRemote [0.9.7] (5 Viewers)

Pucco

Portal Member
May 6, 2006
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Changed to "Playback device" but no change. I wonder if libcec is communicating with the AVR and not the TV. It looks as if the TV is not connected since all remote buttons are interpreted locally by the TV.

Attachments

• CECsetup.PNG
    CECsetup.PNG
    13.1 KB
  • PulseEight.PNG
    PulseEight.PNG
    8.5 KB

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Changed to "Playback device" but no change. I wonder if libcec is communicating with the AVR and not the TV. It looks as if the TV is not connected since all remote buttons are interpreted locally by the TV.
OK. It could be a configuration issue. Test what happens if you set the hdmi port to 5 and "Connected to:" to AudioSystem in CECRemote settings.

Pucco

Portal Member
May 6, 2006
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK. Tested with no effect.

I have done some testing. I have added a log with comments in.
There are two ways to reconnect. Restart MP or switch hdmi port on the TV to an unused and then back to the original.
I don't know which part of the chain HTPC-AVR-TV that is responsible for reconnecting if the chain has been broken.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
OK. Tested with no effect.

I have done some testing. I have added a log with comments in.

What is the actual physical hdmi port configuration (TV and AVR)? Can you test with a configuration where HTPC is connected to AVR hdmi port 1 and AVR is connected to TV hdmi port 1 (if this is not the case already) and settings mentioned in post #252, and then post the log.

Pucco

Portal Member
May 6, 2006
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The log from post #253 is with settings from post #252 as shown in appended image.

On the AVR input is set to BD-input (HDMI) and output to the TV is HDMIout-1
HDMI-Control is set to ON.
Standby Through is set to BD-input

The TV input is set to INPUT-4 (HDMI-1)
Aquos-Link (Sharp-CEC) is enabled for HDMI-1
Aquos-Link is set to power on/off the AVR together with the TV. Allways works, even when connection with the HTPC is lost.
Aquos-Link is set to controll audio volume in the AVR. Allways works, even when connection with the HTPC is lost.

I changed the input on the AVR from BD to HDMI-1 and got the following log entry that differs from the previous log.
RoutinChange Parameters: 100110 for BD and 100120 for HDMI-1
SetStreamPath Parameters: 110 for BD and 120 for HDMI-1
There is no change in behaviour. The TV still thinks it is in local mode (except for power commands and audio volume).

Switch to VIDEO-1 input on AVR
[2014-02-15 08:37:18,781] [Log ] [38 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Command: VendorCommandWithId Parameters: 0E036D5
[2014-02-15 08:37:18,950] [Log ] [38 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Command: VendorCommandWithId Parameters: 0E036D8
Switch to HDMI-1 input on AVR
[2014-02-15 08:37:33,646] [Log ] [38 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Command: VendorCommandWithId Parameters: 0E036D5
[2014-02-15 08:37:33,816] [Log ] [38 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Command: VendorCommandWithId Parameters: 0E036D8
[2014-02-15 08:37:34,909] [Log ] [38 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Command: RoutingChange Parameters: 100120
[2014-02-15 08:37:35,429] [Log ] [38 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Command: SetStreamPath Parameters: 120
[2014-02-15 08:37:35,593] [Log ] [38 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Command: VendorCommandWithId Parameters: 0E036D5
[2014-02-15 08:37:35,762] [Log ] [38 ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Command: VendorCommandWithId Parameters: 0E036D8

Attachments

• CEC_hdmi5_Audio.PNG
    CEC_hdmi5_Audio.PNG
    6.2 KB

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a problem with CECRemote that looses contact with my TV so I have to restart MP to enable it again.
    The same here.
    I have this problem since I have added an AMP to my environment.

Cabling:
    HTPC->Onkyo AMP->Phillips TV Set

It does not make a difference if I configure connected to TV or AMP.
    I have captured a log:
    1. Start MePo
    2. press some buttons on remote (worked)
    3. switch to hdmi2 TV Set
    4. switch back
    5. buttons on remote did not work anymore

Attachments

• CEC-Input-switching configured as connected to TV-Set.txt
      101.4 KB

Pucco

Portal Member
    May 6, 2006
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did not think of using libcec-tray for testing, never used it before.
    Yes. Same problem there. I have appended two logs from libcec-tray.
    libCECTray_2.1.4_log.txt contains the switching in the AVR that causes the TV to disconnect.
    libCECTray_2.1.4_TV_setup.txt contains the hdmi switching in the TV that will reconnect the communication.

Attachments

• libCECTray_2.1.4_TV_setup.txt
      5.2 KB

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Did not think of using libcec-tray for testing, never used it before.
    Yes. Same problem there. I have appended two logs from libcec-tray.
    libCECTray_2.1.4_log.txt contains the switching in the AVR that causes the TV to disconnect.
    libCECTray_2.1.4_TV_setup.txt contains the hdmi switching in the TV that will reconnect the communication.

OK. I guess the next step is to contact Pulse-Eight support, this seems like a libcec issue...

Btw, is there users who have these combinations (philips-onkyo, sharp-pioneer) working correctly?

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    OK. I guess the next step is to contact Pulse-Eight support, this seems like a libcec issue...

Btw, is there users who have these combinations (philips-onkyo, sharp-pioneer) working correctly?

Yep - I am running Onkyo 606 and Phillips 5507 - had similar issues with losing connecton - solved by switching "connected to" from Receiver -> TV. Think i'm running as playback device

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom