CECRemote [0.9.7] (3 Viewers)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi Tuomaa,
In your OP you stated that the firmware has to be updated. Is this also applicable for an adapter that I just bought a few days ago?
If it already has firmware v4, it's up-to-date.
The tray app doesn't recognize the CEC-USB adapter even though I have installed the drivers & rebooted.
If you need support for libcec-tray, you should contact Pulse-Eight directly. If the app is unable to connect to the adapter, it's most likely in use by some other application already. You can't for example run this plugin and the tray application in parallel.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thank you for your reply Tuomaa.
    How do I know if it has fw v4?
    I mentioned it about the tray app because I thought that this might be the reason that it doesn't work in MePo but don't know if it's needed.

So, do I only need the driver and the cecremote plugin to make it work?

EDIT: it's solved and works now!
    I removed the app and - I guess this was the biggest problem - connected the adapter to a USB2.0 instead of 3.0 port. Had not seen this yesterday evening in the dark. ;)

Last edited:

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Something isn't really clear to me. I've got a 46" sharp television. When i connect my raspberry Pi with RaspBMC installed it immideately connects CEC pluse eight stuff. From this moment on i can control xbmc with the television remote.
    If i install this plugin nothing happens.

My TV is connected to my onkyo receiver, as is my mediaportal htpc. Is this going to work? Or do i need the USB control unit?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Something isn't really clear to me. I've got a 46" sharp television. When i connect my raspberry Pi with RaspBMC installed it immideately connects CEC pluse eight stuff. From this moment on i can control xbmc with the television remote.
    If i install this plugin nothing happens.

My TV is connected to my onkyo receiver, as is my mediaportal htpc. Is this going to work? Or do i need the USB control unit?

Pi has direct access to CEC-bus, so libcec works without any additional hardware. In windows environment you need an cec-adapter. That usb-adapter that Peter2 linked above is required to use this plugin.

Pucco

Portal Member
    May 6, 2006
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a problem with CECRemote that looses contact with my TV so I have to restart MP to enable it again.

My HTPC setup: PC(WIN7)--PulseEight--AVR(Pioneer SC-LX56)--TV(Sharp)-Remote(Logitech and Sharp)
    Watching settop box: Dreambox--AVR(Pioneer SC-LX56)--TV(Sharp)-Remote(Logitech and Sharp)

Switching the AVR input from HTPC(HDMI) to analog video from my Dreambox works perfect.
    I control the volume on the AVR from the TV via CEC and the Dreambox direct from the Logitech remote.

Switching back to HTPC and the CEC communication between TV and HTPC is broken. CEC volume control between TV and AVR is still working.
    A restart of MP is required to enable CEC between HTPC and TV.

Any ideas how to manage these switching between inputs without loosing control.

Pucco

Portal Member
    May 6, 2006
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK. Restarted MP to get a clean log and have added comments about input switching events in the end. A little earlier in the log there are more switchings.
    After the first switch to the dreambox and back to the HTPC I have used an wireless keyboard as remote.
    I get error messages on my TV when pressing buttons that theese commands are not available in this mode (Ext input) meaning that the TV is not in CEC mode. CEC mode is enabled for volume commands to the AVR, I can still change audio volume on the AVR with the TV remote.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    OK. Restarted MP to get a clean log and have added comments about input switching events in the end. A little earlier in the log there are more switchings.
    After the first switch to the dreambox and back to the HTPC I have used an wireless keyboard as remote.

Hmm... Weird, it looks like libcec isn't losing connection. What's your port configuration (CECRemote setup and actual connected ports)? Also, it seems that the reported device type is tuner. Have you tried the recommended 'Recording device' or 'Playback device' device types?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom