CECRemote [0.9.7] (6 Viewers)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Dumb noob wiring question: does the USB-HDMI box use a second HDMI cable, or does the video signal get routed through the USB? Or something else??

Yes, short HDMI-cable is needed from USB-adapter to PC, comes with the adapter.
Installation video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT0S4NzBrt8

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks. I saw that video but didn't look at it. I'm a verbal person, :) and the site doesn't say how it's hooked up as far as I saw. I'm running pretty short on USB ports, but I think I can manage. The USB data rate would be low enough that a multi-port extender would probably be OK.

Have to consult with She Who Must Be Obeyed to see if she wants to re-learn how to watch TV. We use a mouse now.

Do you anticipate having problems with a forked library as time marches on?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I ended up compiling custom version of libCEC 2.0.4 for now, with no combo keys. It's also a bit more responsive with MediaPortal. Double tap filtering has changed a little, just set it to a delay that is required between key strokes to be registered. Most TV's don't need it anyway so just leave unchecked unless you experience problems.
    Download here: http://code.google.com/p/cecremote/downloads/detail?name=CecRemote-0-8-3.mpe1

I have tested. STOP is working fine now and yes, the remote is very responsive.

Another thing that I have mentioned:
    When MePo wakes the htpc for a recording the TV stays off. That is fine. But when I'm powering on the TV during a recording the remote does not work. In such a case I have to press standby at the htpc twice. Then the plugin reconnects to the P8 box. Is this only a bug within my environment?

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Do you anticipate having problems with a forked library as time marches on?

Not really, the changes are really small and the client is still compatible with any version of libCEC.[DOUBLEPOST=1354019660][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Another thing that I have mentioned:
    When MePo wakes the htpc for a recording the TV stays off. That is fine. But when I'm powering on the TV during a recording the remote does not work. In such a case I have to press standby at the htpc twice. Then the plugin reconnects to the P8 box. Is this only a bug within my environment?

So, if you wake up the htpc with remote, keyboard, etc. it connects normally, but if Powerscheduler wakes it up, it doesn't connect? Can you post logs covering MePo start-> sleep -> wake up for recording.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, if you wake up the htpc with remote, keyboard, etc. it connects normally, but if Powerscheduler wakes it up, it doesn't connect? Can you post logs covering MePo start-> sleep -> wake up for recording.

I hope all is covered within the log.

21:01 starting MePo and scheduling a recording at 21:15
    21:05 htpc suspends (S3)
    21:11 htpc resumes for recording, tv stays turned of (that is ok)
    until 21:13 switch on tv, use the remote, remote does not work
    21:13 press standby button at htpc twice, tv gets blanc (not turned of) and shows picture again after second press
    remote is working

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    after some days of using the plugin very often I have some improvement suggestions.

I `m using the htpc in my livingroom also as a sever for a second client and also as server for MPExtended.
    When a client wakes up the htpc with WOL magic packets the htpc resumes from S3 and the TV in the livingroom is turned on.
    Is it possible that the TV stays off when the htpc comes from standby; except the wakeup is a manual user action (choose htpc hdmi at TV or press power button at htpc)?

I`m also using the option to turn off the the TV when the htpc goes to sleep. This causes a switch off of the TV when MePo is exited for maintenance.
    Is it possible to add an option to not switch of when MePo is exited?

Is it possible to send the htpc to sleep (or whatever is choosen in the powerscheduler) whet the TV is turned of and there is no other action on the htpc (recording, playing music, ...)

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    USB-CEC adapter just arrived. Windows 7 cannot find a driver for it and I can't find one on the Pulse site. Any ideas what might be wrong?

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Go to the Pulse Eight site and click on packages.
    Then click on "older versions" in the lower XBMC for Windows box.

Download "libcec-latest.exe" and install it. That' it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom