Central Database and artwork folders (1 Viewer)

Nox71

Portal Member
May 5, 2005
First i'd like to thanks the developpers for this wonderful plugin that is still the only that perfectly work with my native language french.

I'm in the building of a central MePo installation so i decided to move the Database and thumbs folders on a network share so i can have one central configuration for MovingPictures and other plugins. The database part work just fine except for moving pictures where i got many movie without the fanart like backdrops, cover etc....

If i look into the logs i can see that when browsing on a movie that i can't see the artwork Mepo is trying to load those files directly on the C: drive which should not be the case.

Is there another place in the MovingPictures configuration that i should change the path of the thumbs folder so it look in the right place ?

Thanks all for your help.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The paths for artwork are stored inside MovingPictures database, but you can adjust them inside the advanced settings, use the "About" tab inside MovPic config and then use the button to access adv. settings.

Cover Art -> "Cover Artwork Folder"
    Cover Art -> "Cover Artwork Thumbnails Folder"
    Backdrops -> "Backdrop Folder"
    Backdrops -> "Backdrop Thumbnails Folder"

Enjoy.

PS: Make BACKUPS OFTEN. It is very easy to get database corruption if you use it in a shared setup, which is why it is unsupported. It will work 9 out of 10 times, but if that 1 time corrupts everything and you get weird results, you will not get much help, so consider yourself warned (y)

PPS: You can use SQLite integrity_check pragma to verify if your database corrupted and restore a working backup automatic. It requires some additional batch scripting, but it is relative easy to do.

Nox71

Portal Member
    May 5, 2005
    Thanks a lot for the info i tried it and it work like i want and for the corruption part i will build a script to do backup every x hours on the server so it will be safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom