Central database and "watched flag"... (1 Viewer)

1graser

Portal Member
September 16, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello there.

I use a central database for moving pictures to avoid the database problems which occur with more than one client accessing the same database. The database is copied to the client-PC by batch-script, each time Mepo (1.3 beta) is started.

Unfortunately this means that I lose the watched flags ( -> one-way sync).

Are there other ways to keep the watched flags?
(e.g. store watched status in the filesystem, use playcounter of the nfo files (from EMM), ...)

I do not want to store data in the cloud - so follow.it or trakt do not work for me.
(Or is it doable to setup an own and local follow.it-server?)

Do you have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you,
1graser

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Multi-user is not supported direct; not by MediaPortal and not by Moving-Pictures.

There are wiki's explaining what to do, but it is all at your own risk (and you are indeed using the most recommended version to avoid issues).

You might find luck with somebody having written a 3rd party tool that syncs the watched flag between the databases locally (check the forum), but the only proper solution that is indirectly supported, is the one you refuse to use, and that is via the cloud (follw.it and trakt).

This works very well, so maybe you should look at your reservations on that. Setting profile to private is possible with both.

Or just manually toggle the watched flag on "the server" each time you watch a movie on any of the clients. Then the master database gets updated and all the 'copies' will reflect the update.

1graser

Portal Member
    September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you RoChess for your swift response...
    I think I will do it manually in the master database for the moment.

Thank you and best regards,
    1graser

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    H
    Thank you RoChess for your swift response...
    I think I will do it manually in the master database for the moment.

Thank you and best regards,
    1graser

1graser, have a look at this plugin. It should help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom