Central installation possible? (1 Viewer)

octane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2005
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

Is there any way to use a central installation or database? What I want to accomplice is to be able to watch TV Series from different clients and have the watched and not watched episodes so sync between the clients. And to be able to resume episodes from the same time that they were stopped from one client to another.

Is this possible?

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Including resume from position last played on a different client than was watching it?

Haven't used it in a while so I can't remember.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Including resume from position last played on a different client than was watching it?
    The resume position is stored per user.

Because we don't have a plugin to login/switch users yet, each client acts as "user" itself. For your question this means, that you can only use resume position on the client you have watched before.

But this limitation will be gone once we allow to switch user identities.

octane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2005
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for all answers, I will just have to do some testing with My TV Series and Media Browser to se what the result will be. I am today using My Movies for Windows Media Center and I wanted the same funtions if I move to MediaPortal.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The Trakt plugin also offers additional options for multi-system usage. Could possibly be expanded to also support resume from last point on another system, because all the data is available. That would be something for @ltfearme to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom