Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH - 6-channel Cable TV Ethernet Tuner for CableCARD (1 Viewer)

ronp1947

March 5, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just joined within last hour. I purchased the above referenced TV tuner in December and currently using with WMC. I recently set up WMC to only use 3 of 6 tuners because of some features I liked on my old cable box are not available on WMC.

I have two questions. First, does MP support this new Ceton tuner which works through the router? Two, is it possible to not uninstall WMC and configure MP to work with TV using the three tuners I have not used in WMC.

I have installed MP and have done the MP configuration and started working on the TV Server configuration where I got stuck. According to the instructions, to scan for channels I should use Digital Cable bit the program responds with "out-of-band service information...". It will allow me to use the scan using ATSC Digital Terrestrial and seems to find all the channels I am getting from cable company. However, from there on I get "tuner is locked".

I have no idea what to do.

Ron

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Ron :)

First, does MP support this new Ceton tuner which works through the router?
    Yes. MP 1.5 and newer support it.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/11_Preparing_Your_System/01_Supported_TV_Cards

Note:
    In general, MediaPortal's TV Server supports:
    CableCARD tuners: Ceton, Hauppauge and Silicondust tuners are supported. ATI TV Wonder support is unknown. Silicondust tuners require 20130708beta1 firmware or later.

Two, is it possible to not uninstall WMC and configure MP to work with TV using the three tuners I have not used in WMC.
    Yes. Just disable the three tuners you don't want to use. Refer to the notes for the "enabled" setting:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../TV-Server_Configuration/02_TV_Servers#Tuners

I have installed MP and have done the MP configuration and started working on the TV Server configuration where I got stuck.
    Okay.

According to the instructions, to scan for channels I should use Digital Cable bit the program responds with "out-of-band service information...".
    That is normal. :)
    If you've followed the instructions in this section:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...2_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC#Tuner_Configuration

...then you're on the right track. It takes about 5 minutes for scanning to complete. During that time you won't see anything obvious happening.

It will allow me to use the scan using ATSC Digital Terrestrial and seems to find all the channels I am getting from cable company.
    Please do not use the Digital Terrestrial option with a CableCARD tuner. Use Digital Cable as the wiki advises.

I have no idea what to do.
    As above: it sounds like you're on the right track. Just be a little more patient with the digital cable scan. It needs up to 5 times the value you specify as SDT/VCT timeout. 120 seconds x 5 = 600 seconds = 10 minutes.

mm

ronp1947

March 5, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for your advice, it is very good. I decided to uninstall everything re media portal and restart since i had run wrong scans already. I want a clean start so I can follow your advice correctly without worrying about what I had done before.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom