Chance to connect an old Client (10th AE) to a new Server? (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    3) Is this screen resolution and refresh rate correct? [2015-11-28 23:45:03,321] [43651 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - GraphicsDevice: DirectX initialized 800x600 (format: X8R8G8B8 29 Hz) --> If so, I think 50 (or 25Hz) would be a better choice.
    Yes, it is correct. The TV is set to "NTSC" as with "PAL" it did not sync. I think it's an issue with the GPU rather than with the TV, but at least with older Versions of MP2 or Kodi or similar it is working good enough for the rare usage in bedroom... Not comparable with the Living room and the 42" Full HD TV, but I did not use this client that often...

IrInput plugin
    Isn't this necessary for remote control? I'm using an "original" Microsoft MCE receiver on this system.

Can you please do the 1st step above and set the LogLevel to "ALL" (so I can also see DEBUG level messages) and then create a new Log?
    I will do, but this may again take a while.. I thought the Log level was set to "ALL" so if not this has changed without me doing anything...

Additionally, is the navigation / usage better with the "Default" skin. It's the least complex one and designed for 720p.
    It's long ago since I've tried it but I can't remember it was significant faster than e.G. Titanium.

NetworkNeighborhoodResourceProvider: No credential registered for the root path;
    This I can't understand, as I definitely have entered the (correct) credentials in this client too. The series I've tried to play are located on the same machine as the MP2 server so for this the NetworkNeighborhoodResourceProvider wasn't needed at all...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, it is correct. The TV is set to "NTSC" as with "PAL" it did not sync.
    Ah, ok. But in this case you should disable the refresh rate changer:
    [2015-11-28 23:47:06,786] [167116 ] [AMQ 'SynchronizeToPrimaryPlayer'] [INFO ] - SkinEngine MainForm: Synchronized render framerate to video player 'VideoPlayer: S01E01 - Reboot in Brooklyn.mkv'
    [2015-11-28 23:47:06,796] [167126 ] [AMQ 'SynchronizeToPrimaryPlayer'] [INFO ] - GraphicsDevice: DirectX initialized 800x600 (format: X8R8G8B8 25 Hz)

Isn't this necessary for remote control? I'm using an "original" Microsoft MCE receiver on this system.
    This is the IRSS client plugin, not required for MCE (it's handled by [2015-11-28 23:44:32,498] [12828 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Plugin 'MceRemoteReceiver' [Version: 1.0; Authors: chefkoch; ID: '68fb8837-fa41-4701-85a6-6a0edac92e36'] enabled.)

But I think this is only a minor thing.

There must be processes that are blocking the WF manager for more than 10 seconds. Maybe the DEBUG log files will show more, otherwise I might create a WF-debug-enabled dll to pint out the lock holders.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But in this case you should disable the refresh rate changer
    Oh yes, my fault, this has to be disabled in this type of set up...

There must be processes that are blocking the WF manager for more than 10 seconds.
    Has there something essential changed in the Workflow Manager that probably is not completely bug free? Lately I often have seen issues relating to WF Manager, even on my main HTPC. And with the old MP2 version this issues were not existent....
    I think I can install the latest Weekly this evening (after removing all previous MP parts completely) and then grab some new logs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom