Change audio renderer with MCE remote? (1 Viewer)

ChriZ

Portal Pro
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm using MCE Remote, does anyone know if it's it possible to make a button change the audio renderer? I'm mainly using my TV speakers (using HDMI), but when watching movies, I'm using the analogue output to my stereo. Today, I need to go into Settings > (DVD/Video/TV) and choose a different renderer?

Maybe this could be done by changing the default output in the Windows directsound instead, but ... can you actually do that - and how?

and no, I can't output sound from both outputs at the same time with my chipset...

/Christian

tesKing

Portal Member
February 25, 2009
Roma
Home Country
Italy Italy
Mh... I don't know if this can help you... With Vista Audio Changer you can switch quickly from one renderer to other, and you can monitor applications (as MediaPortal.exe) to switch them automatically. But if you want to use them from inside MP, or assign a button to recall them (via HIP?), I don't know...

putkonen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm using MCE Remote, does anyone know if it's it possible to make a button change the audio renderer? I'm mainly using my TV speakers (using HDMI), but when watching movies, I'm using the analogue output to my stereo. Today, I need to go into Settings > (DVD/Video/TV) and choose a different renderer?

Maybe this could be done by changing the default output in the Windows directsound instead, but ... can you actually do that - and how?

and no, I can't output sound from both outputs at the same time with my chipset...

/Christian

This is something I would also be very interested in - switching between SPDIF and PCM easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom