change device defaults (1 Viewer)

fightdapopo

November 27, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.93GHz
Memory: 487 MB
Motherboard: D915GAG (Intel Corporation)
TV Card Model: ATI AIW 9200 Cards or earlier
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Intel(r) 82915g/gv/910gl Express Chipset Family (32 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Realtek High Definition Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

How do I change the default direct3d options in File -> Change Device? When I start up with any skin my CPU utilization maxes out until I mess with the direct3d settings then everything works fine. Is there a way for me to skip the couple minute step of changing these settings and waiting for media portal to update the UI? Is it configurable in the skins or is it intrinsic to the media portal program? I noticed in a few other posts that the change device option is a work in progress but those posts were from 2004. Not sure if more is known about change device configuration but I couldn't find anything on the wiki, faq or forum search. I realize my system may be underpowered but I really don't have to much of a problem once I mess with 2 or 3 settings in the Change Device menu.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i think this is hardcoded. Which Videocard do you use? The AIW or the onBoard chipset? Is the version of the AIW really 9200?

Flip

fightdapopo

November 27, 2005
    I use the ATI AIW Radeon, before they gave them numbers. Its PCI and 32 mb I think. Maybe I need to go way back in time to some much older drivers so they don't ask so much of my video card. What do mean by hardcoded? Is it hardcoded in the MediaPortal program or is it read from some external windows file detailing card capability? I assume you do not mean read from the video card itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom