Change EPG source. (1 Viewer)

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I subscribe to an EPG source in Australia. This is IceGuide or IceTV. I have configured the XMLT plugin to grab the guide which is all working well and as expected.

I would now like to compare or more specifically, change to the FTA EPG for a comparison to check the value for money of paying for the guide.

I read up on enabling the FTA EPG which I did and I disabled the XMLT plugin that I use to get the IceGuide. When I check the guide after doing all that the, what I think is the FTA guide, looks unchanged or the same as the IceGuide.

What I would like to know is how do I delete or reset all reference to the XMLT guide so I can be sure that I am using the FTA guide.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What I would like to know is how do I delete or reset all reference to the XMLT guide so I can be sure that I am using the FTA guide.
    This page in the Wiki:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/TV-Server_Configuration/11_Manual_Control

has these words describing the "Refresh EPG" button (bold is my emphasis):

This button, when pressed instructs the TV Service to restart the EPG Grabbing function for all channels defined in TV Channels/TV EPG Grabber section. This does not trigger an xml import and will most likely delete all EPG information currently stored.

I find the phrase will most likely particularly intriguing. Possibly it is an example of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle in action?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom