Change Video Stream in MediaPortal (2 Viewers)

sunfire7

Portal Pro
March 24, 2011
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
Hello, I want to ask if changing the video stream is supported in MediaPortal and if is supported, how do you do it? I can change the audio and subs stream with the context menu when playing in fullscreen, but I can't find how to change the video stream.

The reason I want to do this is because I started to merge my 3D movies with the equivalent 2D movies, this way I have only 1 file per movie and one DTS track for both. The resultant file plays fine in other players (I can change the video stream) but I don't know if is implemented in MP GUI.

And I want to thank to all the devs of MediaPortal, is the best HTPC soft I ever tried!

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi sunfire7,

While this is an interesting idea I don't think MP will currently support it.

Happy to be proved wrong but I've not seen such a feature.

Cheers,

Mick

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Thank you very much Wo0zy, maybe a tweak with the splitter or something? Media portal use its own splitter or relies on Haali or LAV? Thanks any help would be appreciated!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Change Video Stream in MediaPortal

Hello!
    First of all.. it is supported! But you need Haali Splitter for that!
    While playing a movie which has two video streams press F9 or info button to bring up the menu. Then go to Edition -> Select video stream

Screenshots:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/submit-code-patches-mediaportal-tv-server-etc-325/67604d1283362234-patch-edition-support-haali-mepo-edition-menu.jpg
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/submit-code-patches-mediaportal-tv-server-etc-325/67605d1283362234-patch-edition-support-haali-mepo-edition-submenu.jpg

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Using Haali Splitter and pressing more info in remote, there are options to change audio stream, subs stream, chapters, bookmarks but not the Edition option to change video stream, what I'm I missing? Thanks in advance !

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Change Video Stream in MediaPortal

Can you change video streams in other players using Haali Splitter?
    Are you sure Haali Splitter is in use while playing that file in MediaPortal?

To check this start MediaPortal in window mode and then start your movie file with two video streams.
    After this you could see which codecs are used via Graphstudio.
    While playing that movie on windowed mode click on graphstudio.exe -> Tab File -> Connect to remote graph -> MediaPortal should pop up in the list of remote graphs -> Connect

Can you post a screenshot of that graph please.

To get graphstudio working you may need to register proppage.dll first. You can get it from here: proppage.dll

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Re: AW: Change Video Stream in MediaPortal

Can you change video streams in other players using Haali Splitter?
    Yes I can do it in MPC-HC and JRiver, with the haali icon next to the clock and inside the player Gui.

Are you sure Haali Splitter is in use while playing that file in MediaPortal?
    Yes I do, when playing fullscreen in MePo I press Windows Key to show the taksbar, and I see the haali icon and I can change the video stream, but I can't do it inside MePo with the remote, I can change the subs and audio streams with the remote, but I don't find those menus to change the video streams as your screenshots

To check this start MediaPortal in window mode and then start your movie file with two video streams.
    After this you could see which codecs are used via Graphstudio.
    While playing that movie on windowed mode click on graphstudio.exe -> Tab File -> Connect to remote graph -> MediaPortal should pop up in the list of remote graphs -> Connect

Can you post a screenshot of that graph please.

To get graphstudio working you may need to register proppage.dll first. You can get it from here: proppage.dll

I didn't did this but as I can change the video streams with the haali icon I think is loaded and functional in MePo, but if you need I can do that procedure and post a screenshot!

Edit: Maybe is because I use Moving Pictures plugin?

Thank you very much Holzi in taking the time to answer !

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guys :)

sunfire7 if you can do it (and the change is working on MP) from systray with Haali icon, it will be possible to add it like i do for Edition :)
    Can you upload a sample of your 2D/3D video stream support ?
    I can try to look if it's douable :)
    Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom