Changed PC name - Now TV Configuration won't load (1 Viewer)

Pauly D

Portal Member
June 26, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Been using MP for about two years now. Recently changed my PC name from "PAUL-PC" to "HTPC-MAIN" (cuz we got two !). Changed the settings in MP Server configuration and in the TV screen when you try to use the TV and it prompts you for the Host name. All good so far. Even says it has connected to the DB (MYSQL).
However when you actually try to run TV, TV screen says "no available cards" . So I figured somewhere in TV configuration it is pointing both TV tuners to the old server name. But when I try to run TV configuration program it crashes (I can post log if neccesary). But I figure there may be a back door to fix this in a file somewhere.
Other option is I uninstall the TV server, upgrade to latest MP version and choose TV install to get it re-installed. Then I have to reconfigure channels , cards , etc.
Any ideas where I can update/fix this setting without going through the re-install ?

Thanks in advance

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

However when you actually try to run TV, TV screen says "no available cards" .
    But when I try to run TV configuration program it crashes...
    That's almost certainly because the TV service is not running properly.

(I can post log if neccesary)
    Please always post log files when you need help, as per the instructions in the sticky thread for this section of the forum:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-and-fill-in-system-specs-for-support.118472/

Any ideas where I can update/fix this setting without going through the re-install ?
    Let's see the log files first please to confirm the problem before speculating wildly about how to fix whatever it is. ;)

Regards,
    mm

Pauly D

Portal Member
    June 26, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi mm,

Posted this while on train commuting - thought I might get away with it. :whistle:

As soon as I get home, I;ll put in the system specs and find the log. Thanks for quick reply.

Pauly D

Portal Member
    June 26, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    HI All,

Duly chastised, and have entered system specs in my account.
    I have attached log files from TV server log folder as this is where the error occurs. ALso screen shot of what happens when I try to run TV Configuration tool.
    Thanks

Attachments

• TV Config screen error_20150627.PNG
      TV Config screen error_20150627.PNG
      58.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks (y)

The log files confirm what I suspected: TV service is not running properly due to a mismatch between your PC's current IP address and/or hostname and what TV Server was expecting it to be.
    [2015-06-27 11:51:08,275] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: started at HTPC-Main
    [2015-06-27 11:51:08,275] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:10.1.1.2
    [2015-06-27 11:51:08,325] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.
    [2015-06-27 11:51:08,335] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: DeInit.

You can fix this either by changing the PC's name back to what it was before, or by manually editing the contents of the TV Server database Server table.

Instructions for the second option with a MySQL database:
    1. Open a Windows command prompt (XP: click start -> run -> type "cmd" -> press enter; Vista/7: click start -> type "cmd" -> press enter; 8: go to start screen -> type "cmd" -> press enter).
    2. Navigate to the bin subfolder within your MySQL install directory. For example cd "c:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin". The " (x86)" part may need to be dropped depending on whether your versions of Windows and MySQL are 64 bit or not. The "5.1" part may need to be modified depending on what version of MySQL you have installed.
    3. Type mysql.exe -u root -D MpTvDb -p and press enter. If you chose a different name for the database during TV Server setup then use that instead of MpTvDb.
    4. The previous step should have resulted in a password prompt. Type the password for the MySQL root user (or whichever user you selected) and press enter. The default root user password for MySQL installed by MediaPortal is MediaPortal (case sensitive).
    5. Type UPDATE Server SET hostName = '<your IP address or PC name here>' WHERE idServer = 1; and press enter. Replace <your IP address or PC name here> as instructed. Note the trailing semicolon (; ) is important.
    6. Type \q and press enter to quit the MySQL shell.
    7. Close the command prompt.
    8. Restart the TV service. If you don't know how to do this, just restart the PC.
    9. TV Server should now be working again. :)

Pauly D

Portal Member
    June 26, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, did as stated and rebooted PC.

All's well again. Fantastic !

MSQL was in 5.6 and the result is in attached picture.
    I think I'll download MySQL workbench so I have a GUI.

Thanks again ! (y)

Attachments

• MySql updated.PNG
      MySql updated.PNG
      61.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom