Changed username in Win10, now TV Server config crashes on fresh install (1 Viewer)

das1969

March 12, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
I renamed my username in Windows 10, and Mediaportal TV Server stopped connecting to Kodi.

So I went into TV Server Configuration, and it crashed.

I tried to do a fresh install, then tried a complete cleanup, followed by a reinstall, including reinstalling MySql and the Visual C++ modules, basically everything that's listed when you do an installation as a required component.

Please see the crash message below.

Can anyone see what I need to do?

I still get a crash when I try to run TV Sever Configuration.
TVServer error message.png

das1969

March 12, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
Right I think I fixed it. What I did was install Revo Uninstaller, then completely uninstalled MediaPortal and MySQL using Revo, deleting everything. I then reinstalled.

I can now run the TV Server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Yes. I guess we'll just have to wait for it to happen again. Tony
Yes. I guess we'll just have to wait for it to happen again. Tony
I'm trying to install MediaPortal 1.27 on a machine as a single seat installation but keep getting the following error dialog...
Replies
Views
FWIW, please see SQL Server 2017 Express for a workaround. Adding the scheduled task on startup seems to resolve the problem, at least in my installation.
FWIW, please see SQL Server 2017 Express for a workaround. Adding the scheduled task on startup seems to resolve the problem, at...
When installing MP1, the TV DB configuration dialog specifies SQL Server 2005 (see attached file "Setup database connection -...
Replies
Views
Thank you all. I moved all database folders/files to a spare drive. Launched the 1.24 installer and chose "Fresh Install", this prompted the option to "use this install to watch TV". After the install was complete I transferred all the database folders from the spare drive back to the C: drive and restarted the PC. My system was...
Thank you all. I moved all database folders/files to a spare drive. Launched the 1.24 installer and chose "Fresh Install", this...
I have just installed a new Hauppage card to try out OTA TV. On my Win10 installation I don't seem to have a TV-Server...
Replies
Views
"google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local network all services work, but when I try to connect from outside, the TV does not work on the laptop, it is ok on the smartphone thanks to the "MPextended" plug. I have a public IP at home and I...
"google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local...
"google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local...
Replies
Views
What exactly does setting the IP address to a blank in the Server table do? Is the IP address no longer stored in the Server table so it accommodates IP address changes? The reason I am asking is that I have two subnets here. The subnet1 network is where this box will normally reside and the other, subnet2 network is where the other...
What exactly does setting the IP address to a blank in the Server table do? Is the IP address no longer stored in the Server table...
Was using MediaPortal 1.16 approximately 3 years ago on an old C2Duo E6850 w Win7 Enterprise and 4GB RAM. I stopped using...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom