Changing Channels w/Remote (1 Viewer)

m0rt

Portal Pro
November 29, 2005
Bolton, UK
Home Country
England England
Hi

First let me say what a great program this is. I've recently moved over from using GB-PVR and I have to say MediaPortal is much better.

My only problem at the moment is getting MP to jump to a specific channel by typing in that channel number on the remote. If I use the keyboard and type "21", the digits 21 appear on the screen and then MP uses my USBUIRT to switch my set top box to that channel. Great! :)
Unfortunately when I type in 2...and... 1 on my generic remote........ nothing happens. Nothing appears on screen and the channel doesn't change. I've set up MP to learn all the 0.....9 digits on the remote so I don't understand why it's not working! :(

Any help would be appreciated as this is the only thing stopping the wife fully accepting MP!

Thanks (sorry if this is posted in the wrong area).

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

What generic remote do you use?
    And what do you mean by "set up MP to learn all the 0.....9 digits on the remote"?

MP natively only supports MCE and Hauppauge remotes. You have to use girder or other 3rd party apps to map your remote to keys...

Flip

m0rt

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2005
    Bolton, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Flip, thanks for the reply.

I use a Sky+ remote and a USB-UIRT.
    In MP Setup, under the heading 'Remotes' I go to the USBUIRT and there is a button to "Learn Media Portal Commands". I can teach MP the codes for my remote for up,down,left,right,select.. etc... etc... so I can use my remote with MP. During this process I also teach MP my remote codes for 0 to 9.
    While I'm in MP I can control everything from traversing the menus to playing movies and bringing up OSD's, but nothing happens when I press any of the numeric buttons on my remote.

hope that explains it better. Let me know if you need more info.
    Thanks for any help you can give.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom