Changing drive leads to IMDB videodatabase lost (1 Viewer)

splinty

Portal Member
October 13, 2009
Kurgan
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi guys.
I don't believe, that our excellent MP can be so weak in this question!
The matter is that I've moved all folders with movies on other drive letter.
So should i now be stupid and get IMDB info for every (!) movie?

I've been trying to edit /database/*.db3 files
It's no luck :( MP seems to be freezed :(

MediaPortal Version
: 1.1.1
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass (sorry, blue3wide)
Windows Version: Windows 7 x32
CPU Type: AMD Phenom II X4 550 3.01GHz
HDD: Seagate SATA 250G, WD SATA 1500G, WD SATA 1500G
Memory: DDR3 2G
Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO
Video Card: Radeon 4200 integrated
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: integrated
h.264 Video Codec: Divx.264
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Minitower Aerocool "M40-BB"
Cooling: Scythe "Big Shuriken SCBSK-1000"
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE
TV: Samsung 46R3
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi splinty. Database shouldn't be deleted if you changed drive letter and it could be possible to open it in configuration.
    Problem with freezing MP occur because videofiles path in database view. Every movie in database contain videofile path and filename, so if you change drive letter MP tries to search it in the place which not exists anymore and is freezing while searching for video file and it could take a time to find it, on the end it will start to play if new drive is listed in shares or it will drop back in starting view.

splinty

Portal Member
    October 13, 2009
    Kurgan
    Home Country
    Oh, well, thank You, fellow. My question is: how i can use old videodatabase with old files, that changed just a drive letter in path?! How i can correct this database to avoid contacting IMDB manually for every movie again?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Changing drive letter in the database should be relatively easy.

For quick replace it's better to do with some SQL lite database manager. I'm using sqlite-manager add-on for firefox (strange place but it's wonderful little addon). You can found it here: sqlite-manager - Project Hosting on Google Code.

Open your VideoDatabaseV5.db3 file and search for path table, select it and click Browse& Search (if table is not opened automatically). On the right screen you will se some table entries and you will recognize easy what they are. Select row where is your previous path with wrong drive letter, press Edit (or double click) and just replace wrong drive letter with new one.
    Same in VIdeoThumbBlist.

Or you can use SQL script (click execute SQL tab and write script in Enter SQL text box)
    Code:
    UPDATE path SET strPath = REPLACE(strPath, 'OldDriveLetter:\', 'NewDriveLetter:\')

and (if entries exists in VideoThumbBlist)

UPDATE VideoThumbBlist SET strPath = REPLACE(strPath, 'OldDriveLetter:\', 'NewDriveLetter:\')
    Be sure that new drive letter is in MP Configuration/Video folders.

That should be it (I never done that before but should work) and don't forget to backup your VideoDatabaseV5.db3 file before doing this.

splinty

Portal Member
    October 13, 2009
    Kurgan
    Home Country
    Thank You, fellow! It seems to be working ;) Strange tool... but i didn't find any suitable less strange win32 application for sqllite editing ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom