Changing the main menu? (1 Viewer)

munyul

Portal Member
May 15, 2011
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0

On the main menu - is it possible to turn off (remove) options?
I am hoping to put together a HTPC, on this system I am only interested in Live TV, Movies, TV Shows and (possibly) photos. Things like weather, extra's and music I'd like to get rid of them! I've tried removing all folders from the music option (from within the configurations tool) but that's not allowed and the configuration tool complains that a folder must be given!

On the main menu - is it possible to re-order the options?

On the main menu - is it possible to create your own options?
On my "dream" machine it would only have the options: "Live TV", "Movies", "TV Shows" and "Pictures". The option I'd have to create would be "TV Shows", which would be all the shows that I've rip'ed from my DVD's.

:D

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The items in the Main Menu (at least for the default skin) are defined by the active plugins. So if you want to remove Weather and Music for instance, you simply have to disable those Plugins in the configuration. The extras Item will disappear, if you remove all Plugins that would be listed there.

Re-ordering is only possible by manually editing files of the Skin, I guess.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi munyul

Did you read the wiki page that I posted for you yesterday?

You can customize the home screen as follows:

choose which items, features or plugins display on the Home screen in Configuration > Plugins:
    Enable or Disable a plugin
    Choose to display the plugin on either the Home Screen or the Plugins screen

Thus - very much possible to create a menu with the 4 options you mentioned.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    No problem :)

just wanted to make sure.
    The new wiki is very valuable and we need to highlight it whenever possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom