Channel 4 HD on Freeview - dropped frames and poor performance (1 Viewer)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    What audio codec are you using? I had issues trying to get the AAC to play nicely and several codecs were causing me video issues

I think there may be something to this - was messing about with various players, and the one that had perfect video didn't have audio. So maybe the audio is somehow screwing things up.

Need more time to investigate!

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    What audio codec are you using? I had issues trying to get the AAC to play nicely and several codecs were causing me video issues

I think there may be something to this - was messing about with various players, and the one that had perfect video didn't have audio. So maybe the audio is somehow screwing things up.

Need more time to investigate!

I'm using Microsoft decoder for video, DIVX AAC decoder for audio. All looks and sounds great...

except...

Sometimes at ad breaks the audio/video speeds jumps about and you have to change channel and go back again, but its because of a sample rate change on the audio apparently and the AAC decoder can't handle it mid stream.

Not sure if there is another AAC decoder about that works.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm using MS codec for video (MPEG2/H.264) and LAV for Audio (MPEG2/AC3) and have no problems with either a GeForce 520 or GeForce 430. Can't say I've tried a AMD Radeon, the drivers have always put me off.

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    I'm using MS codec for video (MPEG2/H.264) and LAV for Audio (MPEG2/AC3) and have no problems with either a GeForce 520 or GeForce 430. Can't say I've tried a AMD Radeon, the drivers have always put me off.

Im fairly sure all freeview HD channels broadcast HC-AAC, not MPEG 2 or Dolby Digital audio so you must be using something else unless ffmpeg supports HC-AAC now. ffdshow doesnt or at least I can't choose it in MediaPortal config if it does.

Whats your LATM AAC audio decoder set to under TV Codecs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom