Channel Change fails due to Service ID change (1 Viewer)

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Channel Change fails due to Service ID change

OK, here all the logfiles in a zip-file(MediaPortal and TV-Server)

Last time it happened was on 25th of march on 18:04. Tried to do a channel change from channel DMAX to ARD....

Attachments

• logfiles.zip
    35 KB

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Channel Change fails due to Service ID change

and here another collection of logs:

Now Mediaportal told me "No Video / Audio" detected and "paying not possible: live3-0.ts.tsbuffer"

Happend a few minutes later at 18:17

What really curious for me is, that if I trigger the channel 3 or 4 times, then the channel can be tuned....

Attachments

• logfiles.zip
    33.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    jimbeam128

jameson_uk has given you good advice! It is not clear to me that the service ID for any of your channels is changing, and if they are then there is no way for MP to handle it (...at least not for DVB-S, DVB-C or DVB-T; we will be looking at DVB-IP for 1.3.0...). The fact that the PMT PID lookup debug option solves your problem could indicate that the *PMT PID* is dynamic (changing every few hours, days, weeks...???)... but it might just indicate that you need to do a rescan. That option certainly wouldn't solve your problems if the SID was changing. The problem with tuning ARD in the example that you posted could be caused by the service ID for ARD changing, but I can't confirm that because there don't seem to be any other attempts to tune that channel in any of your logs.

I *strongly* recommend that you do a full rescan of all your channels. You can leave the PMT PID lookup option enabled if you want, but it would be interesting to know if you actually need it. Enabling that option will increase your channel change times a little so it is best to turn it off if you can...

mm

PS: whenever you post logs it is best to post *all* logs, not just the TsWriter one. In fact, the most useful log for me is usually the tv.log, so all of the logs that you posted in the other thread that you started were completely useless to me. ;)

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I´m not an expert and know what´s really going on there. I can only say that the hint from joystick activating the PMT PID lookup reduced my problem that cannels are not tuned. Even in the logs I cannot see that "issue" any more. - If that was the Issue.

I´ll do a rescan of all channels and then will come back with fresh logs.

My posts from 2011-03-25 contain also the tv.log - file. Maybe you can have a look at those logs?

While those logs were written, the PMT PID option was already enabled.

So I don´t know if we already discuss another issue...

Because when cannels cannot be tuned I get these messages:

"Timeshift could not be started"
    "Graph could not be started"
    "No Video / Audio" detected and "paying not possible: live3-0.ts.tsbuffer"

Cannel change failiures occur much less right now, but the three "errors" still occur sometimes. Would be fine if we could find a cause / solution for those messages

By the way, thanks for your replies!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again jimbeam128

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. :sorry:

So I don´t know if we already discuss another issue...

Because when cannels cannot be tuned I get these messages:

"Timeshift could not be started"
    "Graph could not be started"
    "No Video / Audio" detected and "paying not possible: live3-0.ts.tsbuffer"

Cannel change failiures occur much less right now, but the three "errors" still occur sometimes. Would be fine if we could find a cause / solution for those messages
    I'd be happy to try and find a solution for those problems if they are still occurring. Fresh logs would be required...

Best regards,
    mm

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everybody,

I switchted from Terratec Cinergy C to FloppyDTV C. Almost 2 Weeks an no fails in channel changes. I can definately say that card ( the called "mother of tv-cards") seems to work really better for me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom