sadanset

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 18, 2007
    Virum
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I am quite new with MP. Have been around VMC, MCE and DVBViewer, but MP is the best!

I just downgraded from Vista to XP (Pro) in order to get rid of all the silly communication Vista seems to think I need. After a bit of a struggle with installing the remote, I am basically fine. Everything works a lot faster.

In order to ensure proper audio I use AC3Filter in TV postprocessing. I am using CoreACV latest version, YUY2 and hardware deinterlacing, which solved a deinterlacing problem with 1080i channels and works fine with lower resolution channels also.

But if my first selected TV channel is in HD then no TV is shown. If I then switch to an other channel and returns again I get a message saying the the channel is coded and MP ask if I would like to return to the last channel. From then on no coded channel can be viewed. Restarting the TVService is not enough, I need to power down the pc before I am back to normal.

I use a FireDTV box, latest firmware and latest driver. I have a Smartwi cardsplitter, but on my other Vista computer everything is working fine (with DVBViewer)

Any suggestions as to what is wrong will be much appreciated.

Bjørn

sadanset

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 18, 2007
    Virum
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

It ended up being i virus effectively stopping the pc to function. I had istalled McAfee, but not before downloadin gsome driver I thougth I needed. After then the pc more and more rapidly went odd. Yesterday I could not start any more. I have now reformatted the disk and started all over agian - sofar with no trouble at all.

Bjørn

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't cause any mis-functionality, it is just annoying. It's on the bugfix agenda for next MP2.4 release. That's correct, there are two options: Using the navigation buttons or the mouse wheel. It's also...
    This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't...
    I am using Windows 7, Media Portal 2.32, WMC skin and have 5 satellite TV cards installed. The only error I get when I start Media...
    Replies
    Views
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Replies
    Views
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how MPExtended get this info ...
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how...
    Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help with the following. I am based in the UK. I have a family member who has a disability...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.25.0 No Sound DE
    If your remote control is the Ortek VRC-1100 or the Hama equivalent, you must be using the "Centarea HID" in MP, and possibly using the AutoHotKey script that I wrote for it. This script checks for the "green marble" button, and starts MP from the desktop when that button is pressed. Changing this script to invoke (say)...
    If your remote control is the Ortek VRC-1100 or the Hama equivalent, you must be using the "Centarea HID" in MP, and possibly using...
    Hi, I am at a loss as to what is going on with my installation at the moment. I was using it this morning no problems, shut it...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom