sadanset

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 18, 2007
    Virum
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I am quite new with MP. Have been around VMC, MCE and DVBViewer, but MP is the best!

I just downgraded from Vista to XP (Pro) in order to get rid of all the silly communication Vista seems to think I need. After a bit of a struggle with installing the remote, I am basically fine. Everything works a lot faster.

In order to ensure proper audio I use AC3Filter in TV postprocessing. I am using CoreACV latest version, YUY2 and hardware deinterlacing, which solved a deinterlacing problem with 1080i channels and works fine with lower resolution channels also.

But if my first selected TV channel is in HD then no TV is shown. If I then switch to an other channel and returns again I get a message saying the the channel is coded and MP ask if I would like to return to the last channel. From then on no coded channel can be viewed. Restarting the TVService is not enough, I need to power down the pc before I am back to normal.

I use a FireDTV box, latest firmware and latest driver. I have a Smartwi cardsplitter, but on my other Vista computer everything is working fine (with DVBViewer)

Any suggestions as to what is wrong will be much appreciated.

Bjørn

sadanset

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 18, 2007
    Virum
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

It ended up being i virus effectively stopping the pc to function. I had istalled McAfee, but not before downloadin gsome driver I thougth I needed. After then the pc more and more rapidly went odd. Yesterday I could not start any more. I have now reformatted the disk and started all over agian - sofar with no trouble at all.

Bjørn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom