channel logos on dedicated tv server? (1 Viewer)

BeLLe

Portal Pro
August 13, 2008
I've just installed a win7 machine as a dedicated tv server using 1.2 beta and it's working great but I can't figure out where to put the channel logos used by the tv guide.

The folder mentioned in different posts doesn't exist anywhere

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi BeLLe, they should go into c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi BeLLe

As Peter2 says, they should go in "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos". Note that folder is a hidden folder, so you'll need to either enable viewing of hidden and system files/folders (tutorial), use the link to the user files in the MediaPortal start menu folder, or use the link in the top left hand corner of MediaPortal configuration (as shown here).

There are more details -->in our wiki<--, which is *always* the best place to visit first if you have questions like this.

mm

BeLLe

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2008
    Thanks for the replys but that folder does not exist on a clean install of TV server only.
    It's not just hidden as I've turned off the hidden files and folders.

Under the folder "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal" is only one folder called "MediaPortal TV Server"

Should I just create the folder or is it a bug that it's not created when your installing only the TV server?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the replys but that folder does not exist on a clean install of TV server only.
    I thought you'd done a standalone install - sorry, should have read more carefully. You can't install the logos for a TV Server only install. They're installed on each client. In other words, you have to copy the logos to each client that connects to the server...

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Don't create it on your server PC.

Logo's go on the client PC.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    If you're after shared logo location I can recommend setup similar to mine:

Create a folder inside dropbox, fill it with logos and create a link from "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos" to "c:\dropbox\Logos" on every client. Search internets on how to create links.

BeLLe

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2008
    Okay - I just thought that the logos followed the tv server as they're part of the tv guide on the tvserver, but I'll just put the logos on my client instead :)

Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom