[solved] Channel mapping not saved (1 Viewer)

cpilot15

Portal Member
February 7, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm new to the mediaportal world and am trying to set up the xmltv plugin to get an EPG. I followed the instructions for downloading a guide from tv.com using webgrab+. I am able to import it using the xmltv plugin, which results in:

upload_2016-2-6_23-51-18.png

I then set up my desired mappings and hit save. The progress bar turns green and the status says "Mappings saved". However, when I hit the Load/Refresh button again, nothing turns white, and all of the mappings go back to the initial guesses, leading me to believe that the mappings are not actually saved.

I attached the tvguide.xml, which is in the same location as the xmltv.dtd file (as well as the xmltv.exe and other files downloaded from sourceforge). There is probably something obvious that I've missed, but any help in pointing out what would cause this would be much appreciated.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

It sounds like you generally have the right ideas with everything, and there doesn't seem to be any problem with the tvguide.xml or screenshot. So, that's a good start. However if the problem is with the mapping then neither of these things would show me that. Therefore can you please provide two screenshot showing the behaviour of the mappings tab.
    The first should show a few channels with the mappings you select (you do not have to go through and configure mappings for all channels - just a few is fine), the green progress bar, and "mappings saved" message.
    The second should show the situation after you've hit load/refresh.

cpilot15

Portal Member
    February 7, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Gladly. Thanks for the response:

After hitting save:
    upload_2016-2-7_0-31-18.png

Then after load/refresh:
    upload_2016-2-7_0-31-53.png

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, thanks. I think I need to take back what I said about the tvguide.xml being okay. What seems likely to be happening here is similar to the report in this thread from a couple of years ago:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/some-channels-have-no-data-xlmtv-webgrab.126366/

Namely: the IDs of all your channels in the XMLTV file contain brackets. The XMLTV plugin can't handle that.
    Is there any way that you could modify the channel IDs/names generated by WebGrab+?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom