Channel options not available when starting MP with Hauppauge Remote (2 Viewers)

nswellman

Portal Member
February 6, 2011
I am very new to Media Portal, and let me first start by saying how much I like it. Even though configuring my capture card to work with MP and control my STB with IR was a true challenge, I am now happily able to record live TV, and it seems that all is well except for a couple of things. The one I am most concerned with is the following:

I have my system set up to open MP via the green Go button on my Hauppauge 45 button remote. I configured this in the IRremote.ini file, and it opens MP just fine and I can navigate everywhere within MP that I need to. The problem is that once MP is open and running, I cannot get the extra options for channels/programs to come up via the program guide, search, or from the live tv mode. For example, say I want to schedule to record Mythbusters tomorrow at 7 p.m., I search for it in the search function, but when I select that program, I cannot schedule it as the options for recording do not come up. Here is the catch, everything works perfectly, including access to all recording options when I double click the link to the MP program from my desktop, or start it from the start menu.

I hope that someone can help me here, because the whole reason I wanted to create this Media PC was for the sit back experience, and since I have to lean forward to use the mouse to start it and run it properly, it isn't working out like I had envisioned. I have attached all log files to date, since running in debug mode didn't allow me to use my remote, and all of the record functions worked fine at that time. I also included my IRremote.ini file in the zip file since it may be related.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Nick

View attachment 77226
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
Windows Version: Windows 7, 32 Bit
CPU Type: Dell Dimension 4600
HDD: Seagate Baracuda 500GB
Memory: 3 GB DDR PC3200
Motherboard: Dell Factory installed
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver: 8.17.12.5896
Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Sound Card AC3: No AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.7010
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1950
1. TV Card Type: ATSC/Analog
1. TV Card Driver: 3.1.27238.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: AFN Satellite
HTPC Case: Dell Dimension 4600
Cooling: Standard
Power Supply: Standard
Remote: Hauppauge 45 Button
TV: Samsung RNL269D
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI(PC) to HDMI(TV)

nswellman

Portal Member
February 6, 2011
So no nibbles yet, but somebody out there must be able to look into this. If I had more knowledge into the inner workings of the system, I might figure it out myself, but I am really new to this system. To be fair, I did look into some of the files in the Error log, but couldn't see any obvious problems that relate to this. Please, would someone out there take a look into this or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks again.

Nick

moviebuff13

Portal Member
January 7, 2009
Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had a similar situation. No with Recordings, but with my music:

I would start MP with the Big Green Go button. Everything would work just fine, except that my music would be totally empty. Weird! But, if I started MP with a double-click of the mouse, music would populate. Exit out and use remote, no music.

I used this fix:

1 - Under the Mediaportal icon properties on Windows desktop, add a shortcut key; mine is Ctrl + ALT + M.
2 - Then in irremote.ini, change the startup for Mediaportal from {run(c:\progra~1\....Mediaportal.exe to {ctrl}{alt}M.
3 - save irremote.ini and restart remote service

As soon I as did this, Mediaportal would recognize my music list everytime.

I know its not quite the same, but give it a shot and post back.

nswellman

Portal Member
February 6, 2011
moviebuff13,
Thank you very much for your response. While your solution didn't work for me, I did get this problem solved. I could never get the program to run by adding the quick key command to irremote.ini, but as suggested in this post:https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/infoservice-522/xml-file-blank-84915/#post677401, pinning the program to my start menu, and pointing the Green Go button to start the program from there did the trick. Now everything seems to work perfectly in MediaPortal and I just need to work on a few other minor set-up and configuration problems that I haven't solved yet. Again, thank you moviebuff13 because your suggestion prompted me to look for a different answer to my problem, and maybe this will help someone else!

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom