[confirm] Channel scanning, unknows channels (1 Viewer)

Data45000

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Here
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0.0 RC
MediaPortal Skin: StreamdMP 1.6.10.2910
Windows Version: Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II 240e - 2,8 GHz
HDD: OCZ Vertex 2 60 GB - WD Green 3TB
Memory: Kingston ValueRam 2x 2GB
Motherboard: Asus M4A88TD-M/USB3.0
Video Card: Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 4250 GPU
Video Card Driver: CCC 11.8
Sound Card: ALC892
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:2.65
1. TV Card: DigitalDevices DuoFLex CT with CI Modul an UNICAM UNICRYPT 5.26
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 2.2.0.44
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA
Satelite/CableTV Provider: KabelBW + Sky
HTPC Case: Lian Li PC-C50B
Cooling: Noctua C-12 passiv und NB BlackSilent Pro PK1 ~600 NB BlackSilent Pro S1 ~700
Power Supply: Enermax Liberty ECO II 400W
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
TV: LG 37LZ31
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI Cabel
SAF: 5.02 Full

Hi, i have problems with my HTPC.
First:
I take this HTPC downstairs in my room, installed it new an tasted all. Somethime Tune 1 finds two unknows channels - tuner 2 finds those channels as "Sky Cinema" and "Sky Cinema +1" - somethime as unknows too. :confused:

I bring it back upstairs - and now nothing works - no TV Signals! :eek:
I have to rescan an to delete and regroup all . :mad:

And Channels are missing! - "Sky Cinema" and "Sky Cinema +1" and some more unknows channels come up - unknown 56a and so...

This is realy frustrating! :mad:

I had this problem with Beta too: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...add-chanels-mediaportal-dont-find-some-99757/

See new Log files... i think there is a BIG Problem!

Hello??

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Data45000

See new Log files... i think there is a BIG Problem!

Hello??
    Please keep it polite. Many people have to wait much longer than 1.5 days to get a response. If there was such a big problem then I think more people would be reporting it. ;)

Okay, so your logs are *way* too long to follow exactly what you did. Aside from the "Unknown... " channels I actually don't see a problem, and even those I don't really consider a problem with MP - it is more likely to be something particular about your channel provider that you need to compensate for, or perhaps an issue with the DD drivers.

A few questions:
    1. Are you scanning with the CAM plugged in?
    2. If the answer to (1) is "yes", is there any difference if you remove it (just for scanning).
    3. How good is your signal quality, and how are you able to move the HTPC around your house - signal splitter somewhere?

One other thing: I'd recommend that you use "stop card" mode for DD tuners. Some people have reported that "pause" mode can be problematic. Details for that setting are -->here<-- (when card enters idle state...).

mm

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Channel scanning, unknows channels

I can confirm this problem on my DD Cine CT v6 & Terratec Cinergy C HD + CI

I also have unknown channels, but didn't investigated the problem further yet... It happens with CI (on the Terratec) and with MDAPI on both ;)
    One interesting thing is that the Tuner one of the DD card find different channels than the Tuner 2 of the DD Card :D

Maybe you should check your TV cable ;) Because I have some problems with cheap cables behind the HTPC with all the other cables around (HDMI, Powe cable etc..) disturbing my signal... Now I have more expensive ones (double shielded) and now I have less problems... Also if you split your Tv cable (I think your Tv card needs two input cables right?) there can be a lost of signal quality... But as mm said, please stay polite, otherwise I will delete your post next time ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi FreakyJ

Thanks for your comments :D
    Perhaps you could provide a TS dump of one of the transponders that produces the "Unknown ..." channels. I could examine the service information in detail...

mm
    :)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi mm,

I saw a lot (20-30 can't remember exactly) of "Unknown" channels when doing my last reinstall too. I've never seen this before but I didn't pay much attention because when I tried to preview them I got the message telling me they were scrambled and as I only use FTA (no CI ATM) and none of the channels I watch were missing I shrugged and moved on.

This is DVB-S BTW using a Hauppauge HVR4000 and scanning Astra/ Eurobird 28.2. I had checked "scan for DVB-S2" and updated the transpoder list before scanning.

I'm still running a pre 1.2 RC SVN and will update this post with the exact number when I get home.

Don't suppose this is much help but thought I'd mention it so you have another report. I should get some free time tomorrow if another TS dump would be of any use to you.

All the best,

Mick.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Mick

Yeah, another dump would be useful.

Cheers!
    mm

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Mick

Yeah, another dump would be useful.

Cheers!
    mm

Hi mm,

I've created a raw ts packet dump for one of the unknown channels but because it's scrambled timeshifting stops as soon as I start it. As a result the file is only 31KB in size.

Don't know if it will contain anything useful but I've attached it anyway.

Cheers,

Mick

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Mick

Thanks for the effort, but I'm afraid the dump is too small - it only has one service description table packet in it from the middle of the service list (so all I can see is BSkyB Nickelodeon :D). I'm looking for about 100 MB worth of dump to be sure I get a couple of full SDT sections.

I'd welcome a dump from anybody else that has *consistent* problems with particular channels being found as "Unknown...". As I said above, 100 MB worth of data is what I need. The dump should be done on the transponder or multiplex that has the troublesome channel(s). Instructions for grabbing a dump are in our wiki here. Note that I'm aware QAM channels are often found as "Unknown..." - that's a completely separate issue (the channel names are either not available, compressed, encrypted or otherwise hidden by the pay TV cable providers). I'm after DVB-S/2, DVB-T/2 or DVB-C...

mm

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Mick

Thanks for the effort, but I'm afraid the dump is too small - it only has one service description table packet in it from the middle of the service list (so all I can see is BSkyB Nickelodeon :D). I'm looking for about 100 MB worth of dump to be sure I get a couple of full SDT sections.

I'd welcome a dump from anybody else that has *consistent* problems with particular channels being found as "Unknown...". As I said above, 100 MB worth of data is what I need. The dump should be done on the transponder or multiplex that has the troublesome channel(s). Instructions for grabbing a dump are in our wiki here. Note that I'm aware QAM channels are often found as "Unknown..." - that's a completely separate issue (the channel names are either not available, compressed, encrypted or otherwise hidden by the pay TV cable providers). I'm after DVB-S/2, DVB-T/2 or DVB-C...

mm

Oh well. Sorry m8. I'll see if I can find any unknown fta channels but I don't recall seeing any :(.

Odd that you can tell it's Nickeloden from the file but MP reports it as unknown?

Cheers,

Mick.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Channel scanning, unknows channels

I've uploaded two dumps (~1h remaining):
    [germany]_[UM_SKY]_[378000]_[DVB-C]_[Unknown12-SkySelect Overview]_[FTA].ts
    [germany]_[UM_SKY]_[378000]_[DVB-C]_[Unknown201-BlueMovie HD Overview]_[FTA].ts

I can see the first one as Unknown12 and the second one as Unknown201 both are FTA channels.
    I also have some scrambled ones, but I've got a "NoSignaDetected" message... I tried some of the unknown channels, but not all and at this two channels I've got a picture ;)
    You should start with the Unknown12 one, the second one is a more dirty one if you know what I want to say^^ I'm sorry about that but the others I tried didn't work oO

Unknown12-SkySelect Overview
    this means that the Channel is with the name "Unknown12" in my Channellist and I guess that the real name is something like "SkySelect Overview"
    at this channel you have a overview of the pay per view movies and the number you have to call to watch this movie ;)

the second one is pretty the same, just for dirty movies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom