Channel Scrambled in Mediaportal, FireDTV Viewer descrambles channel perfectly fine (2 Viewers)

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 4:3
Windows Version: Windows 7 SP1
CPU Type: Amd Athlon 3500+
HDD: 160GB
Memory: 1GB DDR2
Motherboard:
Video Card: 7600GT
Video Card Driver: 266.58
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 5.7
2. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: 5.7
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: CanalDigitaal 19.2E & 23.5E
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Windows MCE remote
TV: brick and mortar.
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Hi all. I'm having some problems with a couple of channels that i'd like to resolve before this weekends big game. Last year i had some problems with my original CanalDigitaal CAM not being adequately fast to decode HDTV. Now most channels work just fine however there are some channels that MediaPortal is just unable to descramble.

I've had my Astoncrypt CAM updated to the latest version (2.26) today and have verified that the channels work on a different setup (but with my cam and subscriptioncard). When i got back home i tried my own setup but found MP unable still to decode those channels. I say mediaportal because the two channels that i'm testing (Discovery HD and ESPN America) work perfectly fine in FireDTV Viewer, the software supplied with the FireDTV/FloppyDTV cards.

I've spent a little time looking through the logs but i can't see anything that could be the culprit. I've attached them anyway because more often than not i'm probably overlooking something.

The install that i'm testing right now is clean. I installed a fresh copy of Win7 Ultimate just yesterday and did a fresh scan. However that scan was hardly complete, it hardly found any HD channels at all. I'm now running a scan in FireDTV viewer to see if that finds all the channels that MP missed.

I have attached the TV Server logs, those are the only ones i have and have been cleaned right before trying to timeshift the channel (Discovery HD in this case).

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: Channel Scrambled in Mediaportal, FireDTV Viewer descrambles channel perfectly fi

Channelscan just finished. All the channels that MP missed, FireDTV Viewer found without problems. Going to do a rescan in MP for my own peace of mind.

Edit:
Channelscan in MP just finished. Found 254 channels. FireDTV Viewer found 179. However MP still did not find the majority of the HD channels from my provider. Odd.

Just now finding some worrying errors. Somehow they all seem to happen only in MP. FireDTV Viewer works perfectly right from the first scan.

What is worrying me that when i go to edit a channel's settings it is listed as for example NG Wild in the general list, but when i hit edit the channel suddenly is named Paprika TV. WTF ? And it's not just that channel, i've seen numerous channels have different names and wrong tuningdetails. Right now i'm going over all my favo channels and correcting them where needed (6 out of 10 need correcting). Discovery HD works btw, also wrong settings.

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: Channel Scrambled in Mediaportal, FireDTV Viewer descrambles channel perfectly fi

I think i have found most of the channelsettingerrors by checking them against KingOfSat.net's data. However i still have problems with audio. When i timeshift ESPN America i somehow do not get a audiostream into the bufferfile. I hear nothing when i hit preview in the tvserver config, i hear nothing in vlc and all audio options are grayed out aswell. I also hear nothing in Mediaplayer Classic. In MediaPortal itself i hear and see nothing, from the logs i seem to find that it's tripping over the audio/video codec declaration in the buffer. This isn't even an HD channel, just simple 'ol SDTV.

I have made a little recording of a normal SD channel and ESPN America to feed GSpot and MediaInfo. I wasn't really happy with the results of GSpot since it was mostly blank fields on both files even though the other SD channel works the way it should, audo+video. MediaInfo however showed me a Video, Audio and teletext stream for the working SD channel, but the ESPN recording has nothing much writting into the file, just that it's an MPEG2 video, no sound or teletext.

Again, i have tried FireDTV Viewer and it worked flawlessly in that program. Did a rescan just before i wrote this so i knew it wasn´t something i missed. I have uploaded the logs again, both tvserver and tvclient.

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Imagine this, a week later and i´m still having the exact same problem. But in all seriousness is there anyone that can help me based of the logs i already posted? I just reinstalled WinXP SP3 because i was reasonably pissed at the performance i got from my pc under Win7 in 64bit.

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Anyone ? I'm kind of worried by the fact that there have been so little responses to any threads lately.

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Somehow managed to get at least a stream of video in the timeshiftbuffer. In the cardsetup i disabled preloading (didn't make a difference), switched from pausing to stopping (didn't make difference either) and put the CAM type from AstonCrypt 2 to default, which made a difference. However i have an AstonCrypt CAM so it kind of beats me why that option breaks its functionality.

It isn't fixed by a long shot though, i still have no audio on the channel. Not as in no audio because of a missing or wrongly set up codec but as in no audiostream present in the timeshiftbuffer according to VLC. Too be sure i also made a quick recording with the TV Server's Manual Control tab and tried the recording in VLC, XBMC (under linux, like VLC XBMC has it's own set of codecs) and subsequently checked the file for streams with a few container analyzers. None of them found audio.

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Not a codec problem. As i said, i tested a recorded stream in an few different setups, i have video (so obviously not a video codec error) but have no audio container at all in the recording. Plus like i said, i have tried FireDTV Viewer which has it's own tunersetup that works flawless, both video and audio.

royne

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Asker
Home Country
Norway Norway
I em not an expert , but atleast it was a repsonse :)
I think you need help from a person with knowlege off tswriter.

Maybe there is more than one audiostream, and TVserver select wrong audiostream?
Maybe it exists a a tools to analyse dvb-stream?
i have not used KingOfSat have you tried www.lyngsat.com

//ROynes

C.44

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Roynes,

i am glad for any and all responses =)

I've checked with both Kingofsat and Lyngsat, they both have the same details on file for ESPN America on 19.2 that CanaalDigitaal uses. There's a single video and a single audio stream so unless mp just misses the audio pid i don't see how it could go wrong. I mean it clearly decodes the video but just ignores the audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom