Channel TEN Aust stuttering (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    On recent CVS' (within the past few weeks) I get the strangest issue.

All other parts of MP are working better than ever before but for some reason only channel ten is dodgy. There is constant stuttering every few second. Usually the picture will freeze for 1/2 a second and sometimes the sound will also skip.

I have re-tuned everything and applied all the tweaks that Taipan has listed previously (incorrect autotune PID, freq and such).

The set up in Australia is pretty stupid, each channel transmits the same program on about four different DVB streams and every stream suffers from this issue.

My upstairs PC, on an earlier CVS gets ten perfectly so I know the signal is fine (they both are fed from the same splitter). I know a good test would be to apply the latest CVS to the upstairs PC too, but I'm afraid that if I have problems there then the WAF will plummet.

I can't roll back the downstairs PC because there were some dual tuner issues that caused grief.

Any Ideas folks?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    OK, I have reapplied a cvs from 07/01/06 and now channel TEN works fine. I can't figure out what would cause stuttering on just one channel after a new cvs.

Any ideas anyone? Is anyone else in Australia experiencing this?

I've tried a number of different filters and codecs and every other setting I can think of. Nothing makes any difference, which makes sense as the other channels all work ok.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I believe that was around the time MP was changed to DirectShowLib 1.2? No idea if this could be related to your channel 10 problems.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have stayed on CVS 08-01-2006 and it is fine. I did try a more recent CVS (12-01-2006) but it was giving me database errors! The change to DirectShowLib 1.2 was done on 09-01-2006, so it is the likely cause of these issues.

I didn't stay on the 12-01-2006 CVS long enough to know if channel 10 displayed the stuttering that you describe Marcus.

Actually, I am a bit surprised that the change to DirectShowLib 1.2 was done - I thought that the aim was to get 0.2.0.0RC2 as stable as possible by just fixing bugs and to avoid any new features or enhancements that might de-stabilise MP?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    thanks for the feed back guys. I'm now using the CVS from Jan 9th (the last one before DS 1.2) and it works fine.

If any of the devs are looking at this, let me know if I can do anything to help with this issue.

Posting codecs, etc won't help, as I have tried a whole heap with no success.

So it seems like no Australians are using CVS' after Jan 9th? Callifo, how about you?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    well there goes that theory :)

I get stuttering on every channel TEN program, including the guide and all the SD. HD does it too with no difference in the amount.

I'll try some more experimenting tomorrow I guess.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    OK, I uploaded yesterdays CVS and the problem went away.
    Very strange, as I ended up testing all sorts of versions and patches and I figure that nothing was changed in the next CVS that fixed my issue.
    I guess I'll just be grateful that it is now working and figure it was "Just one of those spooky windows quirks"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom