[solved] Channel up/down buttons not repeated when using HID input handler (1 Viewer)

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    All of my buttons work like before (1.12.) there ist just one issue with repeating of commands

The Channel up/down button is/was used as Page up/down in listings. In 1.12. when I kept on pressing the Page up/down button --> the command was repeated - so it was like fast scroll up/down.
    Now in 1.13. the comand is executed only one time. So in long lists (like Music...) this is very annoying because I habe to press this button many many times to go through a long list

This does not happen with up/down button --> this is repeated as it was before...

So any hint where/how I can change this. (and I hope it's unerstandable ;))

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All of my buttons work like before (1.12.) there ist just one issue with repeating of commands

The Channel up/down button is/was used as Page up/down in listings. In 1.12. when I kept on pressing the Page up/down button --> the command was repeated - so it was like fast scroll up/down.
    Now in 1.13. the comand is executed only one time. So in long lists (like Music...) this is very annoying because I habe to press this button many many times to go through a long list

This does not happen with up/down button --> this is repeated as it was before...

So any hint where/how I can change this. (and I hope it's unerstandable ;))

Repeat should work for channel increment/decrement.
    Can you check that you don't have an older custom configuration XML in the way?
    See file paths at the bottom of the following article:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/01_HID

Check also that your Repeat speed and delay are set to -1 to use system defaults.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Repeat should work for channel increment/decrement.
    Can you check that you don't have an older custom configuration XML in the way?
    See file paths at the bottom of the following article:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/01_HID

Check also that your Repeat speed and delay are set to -1 to use system defaults.

Hi @Stéphane Lenclud

I do have a (custom) file @ C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\Generic-HID.xml
    I think (well I'm rather sure...) it was created after updating to 1.13. -
    Question: Is it correct: If I delete this file --> I have the original values again (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings\Generic-HID.xml)

If so, I will try it when I'm home... :coffee:

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes!
    That was it: Deleted (of course I have a copy) C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\Generic-HID.xml
    --> Channel / Page up/down is repeated now!

:D
    This is the custom Generic-HID.xml. What is wrong with it?

Attachments

• Generic-HID.xml
      18.4 KB

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes!
    That was it: Deleted (of course I have a copy) C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\Generic-HID.xml

Could you do some customization through configure and see if the problem came back?

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes!

Could you do some customization through configure and see if the problem came back?

Did so (Only changed "Radio" button to "Musik") and --> The problem comes back...:(
    So: As soon as there is a custom Generic-HID.xml --> Page up/down doesn't repeat...

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes!

Did so (Only changed "Radio" button to "Musik") and --> The problem comes back...:(
    So: As soon as there is a custom Generic-HID.xml --> Page up/down doesn't repeat...

That's what I thought, that's the bug :)
    You could fix your custom XML by adding back the repeat="true" attribut to your ChannelIncrement and ChannelDecrement buttons.
    Just edit both files to look how it is done you should spot the difference and be able to fix it.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Stéphane,

I don't have such a folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings neither on the HTPC with MP1 nor on my other PC with MP1.

I only have a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings

Is there anything wrong? Could it be the update from 1.12 to 1.13 deleted the folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings ?

Cheers

Blue Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom