[fixed] Channellist update really up to date? (2 Viewers)

wijnand

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I Don't know. I was alway's expecting downloading the latest version when pressing this "update channel" button before scanning.. But it seems not to be updated..

wijnand

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
In the past. I now updated this satellites.xml with the other link you provided: nname="23.5°E Astra 1E,1G,3A" url="http://www.fastsatfinder.com/bin/T/0233.ini"
TVServer is now doing a new scan and it seems he finds a lot more channels.. All HD channels! (y)

Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice to hear I'm contributing to the community :)

Here, I've updated satellites.xml completely according fastsatfinder website!
    Can a dev add this to the next version? (after further testing maybe? though it works here)

First, delete every file in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbs\ (because Astra at 23,5 is now called 23,3 but there are many more changes) then place attached satellite.xml file in this directory.
    Check your diseqc satellite positions (because mine changed) ,update your satellites and scan again.

Team mediaportal obviously have read access to www.fastsatfinder.com/bin/T/ and copies * to http://install.team-mediaportal.com/tvsetup/DVBS/ otherwise this update would never work.

Attachments

• satellites.xml
      16.2 KB
    Last edited:

wijnand

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After I placed this updated file, updated my statellites, and do a new tune, all my HD channels are now finally working flawlessly (y) . Since I went over to HD channels on satellite, two years ago, I never was able to tune to them all. Now I know why. This update simply works now. Perfect!:)

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Added to mantis, thanks for your submission (y)
    Cool:cool: I feel proud ;)

Since satellites change from position, or get new names, the satellites.xml obviously should also update from time to time. Has anyone ever thought about an automated update system, just like the ini files?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @high :)
    If i understand correctly, we need to update .ini also (on your server side right ?) based on this new satellite.xml.
    So are we sure that new ini + new xml is ok for all ?
    I didn't try myself yet, i have 3 sat 28.2 / 19.2 and 13 (astra / hotbird) so i will test on this 3 sat.

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not sure what is happening at team-mediaportal server, because the file which I refered to (0233.ini) was never refered to earlier.
    The corresponding satellite, astra at 23,5 also haven't moved to 23,3. So, fastsatfinder obviously made an alternative ini file for this satellite, called 0233.ini
    When I checked at your servers (http://install.team-mediaportal.com/tvsetup/DVBS/0233.ini) I was surprised to see that it was alread there.
    I figured you (mediaportal team) have some sort of an agreement of usage of these files, hence I was speaking of "you probably have read acces at www.fastsatfinder.com/bin/T/" because the directory is not readable for me.
    Just check the ini files at your server. If they are updated december 15th, they are the right ones

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom