[solved] Channelscan of UnityMedia (DVB/c) doesn't find all channels. (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    after some frequency changes unitymedia made last days (113 MHz -> 114 MHz, 121 MHz -> 122 MHz, 129 MHz -> 130 MHz) a new channelscan doesn't find all channels (for example arteHD, WDR Duisburg). If i import a channellist and edit the tuningdetails of these channels, it is working fine, but a channelscan (full and UnityMedia NRW) doesn't find the changed channels. Tested with DVBSky T982 and Digital Devices Cine CT2.

Best regards
    Helios

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you asking for help here? ...or is this thread intended to inform other people? ...or...?
    Sorry, just not really sure what your aim is. :)
    If you want help, can you please explain what you want help with, and post full log files.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is there any possibility to use blind scan function available for some tuners?
    Yes and no.

Yes, some tuner hardware and/or drivers support blind scan.
    http://sourceforge.net/p/crazyscan/wiki/Info/

No, blind scan is not supported by the MS BDA as far as I know. This interface may support it: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd694868(v=vs.85).aspx . However, note the comment about only supporting DVB-T... and I'm pretty sure the driver implementations either don't support that interface or don't actually use blind scan.
    Yes, some - maybe DVBSky only, if I recall correctly - tuner vendor SDKs include information about blind scan support. Other vendors such as TBS keep that information private or restricted, because it involves very low level access to the hardware/driver. The interface can change with different hardware and/or driver and/or firmware versions, and using the interface may possibly put the tuner into an unusable state.
    No, TV Server (MediaPortal) currently does not support blind scanning.
    No, I don't intend to add native support for blind scanning. It may be possible to add support through StreamReaderEx BDA or CrazyScan third party interface, I don't know. Even it is possible, it currently isn't on my TODO list.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you asking for help here? ...or is this thread intended to inform other people? ...or...?
    Both ;)

i guess, if you have the information about changed/updated frequencies in your region, then you can create/update tuning xml file for it.
    Only the 3 frequencies from posting #1. Communication with UM is very hard.

What XML file have you selected for scan?
    Editing Germany.Unitymedia NRW.xml solves the issue (Thanks for the hint :)), but i think tuning files should be updated. @mm1352000 : Do you still need log files?
    Best regards
    Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom