Chassis - Lanbox ht vs Aerocube (1 Viewer)

yngve0

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
I need some help and advice regarding chassis for my htpc-project.

Lanbox HT looks wery attempting; But will the monitor be enough so I can listen to music and web-radio without turning on the television with Team MediaPortal? Is it posible to use the front-buttons of the chassis to anything "meaningsfull" in Team MP?

Lanbox is a bit to deep, so I have also looked an aerocube, which is less deep. Unfortunately, there are no display on this one. Are there any LCD-modules that could be putted into on of the 5,25" front bays?

And last, and most important; Does anyone have experience regarding ventilation, fans and noise on those chassis?

yngve0

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
I looked at this, unfortunately I am not able to find any reseller in norway.

How do you mount the Display in this cabinett? Is it possible to remove the "gate" in front of the 5,25" bay?

Yngve

yngve0

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Yes,

I found it now. Strange, since this product was marked "Expired" by Netshop.no 3 days ago.

In the meanwhile, my booking for iMON-VFD was canceled by Avshop.no and they inform me that the product was expired by factory.

So, when everything else is on track, I now miss the IR & display.

Yngve

DanThMan

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
One thing to consider is the power supply! I've just remembered that it must not reach further into the case than 140 mm!
If it exceeds 140 mm, there's too little room for the hard drive connectors. If you go to Prisjakt - Den nya generationens prisjämförelser
you can search power supplys by dimension ( or any criteria ).
WEBHALLEN.com [Silverstone VFD Display in 5,25" drive - Silver]
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration
Komplett.no - Nettbutikk for datautstyr, PC, bærbar PC, TV, foto, video og spill. is the reseller for Silverstone in Norway, but I haven't found any shop with the MFP51 in stock!

Edit...
I found one in the states
http://www.aerocooler.com/shop.cart?action=ITEM&prod_id=CASSMFP51B
they do ship internationally, but if you must have a display I'll think you better buy a Antec Fusion!
You'll get case, power supply and display for less money....

yngve0

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Thanks for your links and sugguestion.

I ended up with a racer, since ha'ent patient to wait for a M40. Anyway, both match my demands well.

It seems like the market in Norway is a bit limited for htpc. I see that some of the display from silverstone require a 25 Parrallel/Printerport. Isnt that a bit out of date?

Yngve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom