"Check episode of already recorded programs to prevent duplicate recordings..."- how does this work? (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

I was just wondering how the prevent duplicate recordings option actually works in practice.

I thought I would try to use it as an alternative to series link (via the Custom Grabber) to see what sort of results I get.

Assuming that I get full EPG details of the episode and season via XMLTV, am I correct in thinking that all I would then need to do is set a recording under "record anytime and on ay channel" and then it will automatically pick up all recordings for a season?

In particular -

Where is the information stored about what has been recorded? I.e. does it simply look in the recording folder to see what has already been recorded or is this information stored elsewhere?

How are clashes dealt with? Will TV Server just give priority to the program on the highest prioritised tuner?

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
September 3, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have no idea. :D
I set some of my recordings to "record anytime and on ay channel". It works pretty well if you have program descriptions.
Since I think that's how it determines if a program has been recorded already.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
Hi,

I have been using this for a number of days now and agree that this does work very well - does seem very flexible, as I got a clash on Channel 4 and it seemed to record it from 4seven instead.

hkjensen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Information about recordings i kept in the database (mySQL or MS-SQL)
    If no match is found from the given episode information an episode will be recorded

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Right, I see - so if you delete a recording, is it removed from the database or is there a permanent record that it was recorded?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Right, I see - so if you delete a recording, is it removed from the database or is there a permanent record that it was recorded?
    This would interest me as well. Also, I see two options for detecting duplicates:
    Episode Title
    Episode Number
    The episode title is in my experience often duplicated, as the sender does not always differentiate between the parts of a two-part episode.
    The episode number is also not unique, unless it is combined with the season (de: Staffel) number. Is this the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom