Check for updates and install new version (1 Viewer)

Taglicht

Portal Member
January 1, 1970
Hi,
I have some questions about versions and updates...
- where can I check the version of the MP installed on my htpc?
- where can I check or be notified if a new version is available?
- how can I let's say update from 1.4 to version 1.5? Should I just install over the old version or is there an update path to follow?

Thanks,
Thomas.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Thomas, and welcome.

-You can check the version you have installed when you startup Mediaportal. At the left down corner you will see the version number you're runninng. Also in the configuration tool of Mediaportal you're able to see wich version is installed, directly at the homescreen that you will see when you start the configuration.

-For new versions you should check our homepage. There is Always a news item when a new version is availible. Also, when you have infoservice (plugin) or the default Mediaportal rss plugin enabled, you can read this kind of news at the rss ticker at the buttom of the homescreen inside Mediaportal.(most skins are supporting this)

-An update is Always easy. Just download the new version and run the installer. It will ask you if you want to run an upgrade or a clean installation. Only sometimes there are plugins or skins that need to be updated aswell. But most times there are no problems after doing an update. (all skins and plugins that are compatible with MP 1.4 are also compatible with MP 1.5 in this case, but it can be different for MP 1.6 by example. This kind of things can you read in news items like this: Click!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom