[fixed] Checkmark control not scaled to screen resolution (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    1.2.0 RC and later SVN versions doesn't scale the skin control "Checkmark" (GUICheckMarkControl) Checkmark - MediaPortal Wiki to screen resolution.

This means that any checkmark control is the same size, whether you run MediaPortal in a window or fullscreen.

The missing scaling has probably been there since the control was introduced. It does probably also affect the control "Checkbutton" (GUICheckButton) since this is created by extending a GUICheckMarkControl control.

Most controls utilizes the GUIGraphicsContext.ScaleHorizontal and GUIGraphicsContext.ScaleVertival to scale content to resolution.

To reproduce:

In references.xml look for the "default checkmark" control.

Change/set width and height:

<MarkWidth>16</MarkWidth>
    <MarkHeight>16</MarkHeight>

Load MediaPortal with any screen that has a checkmark. Switch between fullscreen and windowed mode. Observe how other controls are scaled, but checkmark is not. The text next to the checkmark is not scaled either.

Please take a look at the attached screenshot, where you can see the issue.

:D

Attachments

• checkmark-no-scale.jpg
      checkmark-no-scale.jpg
      303.2 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Can confirm. Also, I have a fix for that ready but it was too late to be included in MediaPortal 1.2.

BTW, nice optical illusion on your screenshot: although the check mark size is the same in both full screen and windowed mode, sizing of other controls makes it look smaller in full screen and larger in windowed mode :D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    And it worked in Beta and previous version???

Probably not, no :confused:

I just didn't notice it before, but now I have tested the new version of SubCentral, I find that it uses the checkmark when searching for TV subs.

And then I noticed the weird size, and spend 30 minutes figuring out where my skin was wrong. But it wasn't :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Now that Dadeo has updated this Wiki-page:
    Checkmark - MediaPortal Wiki
    does this mean that this fix (the scaling-bug) will be in next RC?

EDIT: He has added new properties "selected" and "onclick", but I surely hope the scaling is fixed aswell :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom